Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump shares video of "great people" yelling "white power" at pro Trump parade
(06-29-2020, 04:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As for you assertion about social media companies, they have protection as a "platform for discourse".  The "right's" issue with them is that they do not apply their terms of service in an equitable, fair or consistent manner.  Consequently the argument is that they should lose their special protection as a result.  It's not exactly an unfair position considering that the CEO of Twitter flat out admitted the platform is biased against conservatives.

I am not familiar with this being said. Is it that it is biased, or that the rules are disproportionately affecting conservatives? From my understanding, there were actions discussed at Facebook that were shelved because efforts to shut down "fake news" and what not would have disproportionately impacted conservative posters and they didn't want to wade into that. Could be the same from Twitter, though I'm unfamiliar with that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump shares video of "great people" yelling "white power" at pro Trump parade - Belsnickel - 06-29-2020, 04:53 PM