Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump shares video of "great people" yelling "white power" at pro Trump parade
(07-02-2020, 10:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay then, please explain to me how this has anything to do with removing gunmakers protection from liability.  I'll gladly discuss gunmakers rights if you can show how it has ANYTHING to do with internet providers having their protection removed because they are not politically neutral or apply the proper rules of service.

The gunmakers protection from liability have NOTHING to do with this issue.  It is a "false equivelancy" argument that some people have fallen for.  It is nothhing but a distration from the real issue.  The fact that you seemed obsessed over bringing it into the conversation seems to indicate that you want to sidetrack this discussion in an attemmpt to avoid the REAL issue.

I've been discussing the issue the whole time, you have no factual basis for claiming I'm ducking it.

Quote:I have issues to discusss about gunmaker immunity, but none of them have anything to do with requirements to be politically neutral.  The President's executive order on this issue is a joke.  It just proves that he has no idea how the law works.  Even the legal analyst on FoxNews agrees.  You can't take a law that has NOTHING to do with political neutrality and try to claim that it depends on political neutrality.

You keep saying "political neutrality" is the issue at hand when you're literally the only person bringing it up.  I explained, in the post you quoted, that the issue is not solely about politics. You're getting a little personal here, Fred.  Maybe it's time to take a break and have a nice cup of chamomile tea? 

Quote:Not one single democrat that I know of has tried to argue that gunmakers protection from liability depends on them being politically neutral.  But if you can show me an exaplme I will join you in bashing him/her.  Until then I am not going to play a part in distracting from the real issue with unrealted discussion of gunmakers rights.

Again with "politically neutral".  That's not the issue, Fred, and you're the only one who keeps mentioning it.  Please do try and stay on topic.

Also, try actually answering my question.  This is probably the fifth time I've had to politely ask this.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump shares video of "great people" yelling "white power" at ... - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-02-2020, 01:12 PM