Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham interview with Jim Turner
(06-30-2020, 07:25 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: I do not think Turner will keep a guy out of the lineup if he outplays and beats a guy out for his spot. But Billy came in as a rookie as a know it all type guy and figured he had the starting spot locked down and did not have to fight to hold on to that spot. In Billy's interview recently he came out making excuses about his injury and he still don't seem to get it that he has to improve as a player to bring his skills up to a NFL level. I hope Billy can win a starting spot and improve this o-line and team it will suck to cut a first round pick next year.

I would have more faith in Turner on that front but he doesn’t have a great track record in regards to player relation issues.

Either way, we both know Billy hasn’t played up to his selection status and warrants the benching. I was really excited when we got him, thought he was going to be a mauler, but he certainly hasn’t thus far. I’m still not sure if it’s a mental barrier or physical one, or both. I guess the short arm thing really does hinder you in the NFL. We had convinced ourselves it was a non factor... maybe we should worry about Joes small hands lol
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lapham interview with Jim Turner - 3wt - 06-29-2020, 02:54 PM
RE: Lapham interview with Jim Turner - GreenCornBengal - 06-30-2020, 09:07 AM