Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham interview with Jim Turner
(06-30-2020, 08:22 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: X-man is 29 Trey Hopkins is 27 everyone else on the O-line is fairly young Turner is not just looking for 5 starters he needs back ups as well and he likes the guys he has. He could bring in Warford or other O-linemen you guys have mentioned in threads we have the cap room. Turner likes the guys he has now and he thinks they can protect Burrow as well as open holes for Mixon. He mentioned how we tried to use the Rams running game last year at the start and switched later in the year and improved. Which I think they said we finished in 6th place in the run game since we switched it up till the end of the year. If we stay with the same system this year then the O-line should hit the ground running and be vastly improved over the beginning of last year. So he just needs to work on these guys pass protection so Burrow has time to throw the ball. Turner was asked if he was worried about the O-line holding the offense back this year and he said no not at all and neither am I.

Turner also mentioned you need guys that want to win every game and win Super Bowls he said they was guys on the team last year that did not have this mindset and they are gone now.

So, I am assuming John Jerry, John Miller, and Andre Smith won't be getting Christmas Cards from Turner?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lapham interview with Jim Turner - 3wt - 06-29-2020, 02:54 PM
RE: Lapham interview with Jim Turner - SHRacerX - 06-30-2020, 09:34 AM