Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the 4th of July: Dogs and fireworks
(07-02-2020, 01:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: As soon as I seen the title of your thread, my first reaction was, "Didn't george post this last year?" LOL But this is good information you discovered. That's actually amazing how that works per your explanation. I know so many pet owners, including ourselves, have issues on the week of the 4th. Hopefully some pet owners and their pets can benefit from this discovery. Great post George.

Thanks, yeah it was a bit of a rant of mine last year in a thread about what people did on the 4th. Knowing that it should help keep my dog comfortable and calm without sedating him works for me.  I know I have heard of other medications that more or less just sedate the dog but don't really inhibit the panic part.  Apparently while the dog may seem calm, they are still suffering mentally.  As much as I love my dog that would not work for me knowing he is still suffering even though he seemed okay.

It is very interesting that they have developed a medication that can somehow block the panic response to loud noises and keep the dog comfortable.  My vet explained  how it worked in greater detail but a lot of it was medical/neurological stuff that went over my head. So I tried to explain what she told me the best I could recall.   :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For the 4th of July: Dogs and fireworks - George Cantstandya - 07-02-2020, 02:02 PM