Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(07-15-2020, 08:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, my sister is a scientist and progressive as hell. We both enjoy statistics because, well, statistics. She put this together.
[Image: 107692844_689789151051_26817236285054974...e=5F35528D]

What you see here is the new cases for the second week of July in each state. Negative numbers means the case rate is going down. This is all normalized for population, meaning these are cases per 100,000 residents. Now, when I say my sister is progressive, it is because she decided to break it out by states that voted for Clinton v. Trump in 2016; this the red and the blue. Then she ran a t-test on that data, which came in at p=0.0002. Interesting stuff.

So if Biden wins and flips a bunch of states are we going to see this chart again?  Florida and Lousisiana  could easily go Biden.  

Edit: And this chart sort of treats states like one belief. Some are runaway blue or red, but many are purple with narrow margins. Personally I'm going to say dividing it into blue and red via presidential vote was something she noticed would favor her ideology and serves no real purpose.

Super Edit: I forgot to add "No offense". Whew
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - michaelsean - 07-16-2020, 10:06 AM