Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oakley's design for possible new face shields
(07-13-2020, 07:58 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Wondering what those holes near the mouth area are suppose to do as far as limiting the amount of microscopic airborne material. Especially when there are players in each others faces breathing heavy due to intense physical activity.

(07-13-2020, 08:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah I don't see how that is going to minimize anything anyways....

(07-13-2020, 08:39 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Looking closer at the helmet above, maybe they are not holes and just a bit cut out to make it lighter.  Even then with no holes or whatever where do you think all that possibly contaminated heavy breathing will go?  I'm no scientist or engineer by any means but this is my guess and I'm willing to bet it won't all go backwards.   You have a form fitting helmet and even with a full visor with no holes the air has to escape somewhere.

[Image: v4SzWqk.jpg]

From the article:

“Clear plastic with slits or holes in it that block any direct path of a droplet, but do promote air flow, communication, soundwaves,” he said“
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oakley's design for possible new face shields - Yojimbo - 07-13-2020, 09:39 PM