Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
This is my position on the Rittenhouse situation:

-He is guilty of at least a Class A misdemeanor in Wisconsin for carrying underage.

-There is no "stand your ground" law in Wisconsin, but there also isn't a duty to retreat unless you provoked the situation. Witnesses would be the key, here, as we don't really know how the confrontation started. If Rittenhouse provoked the interaction to start with, he had the duty to retreat. He was getting away and then decided to turn around and fire at his pursuer. We don't have enough information on this initial altercation to say, specifically.

-The second fatality and the person injured are brave, but stupid. That whole situation was handled poorly. I get dude wanted to go non-lethal with him but damn.

-Cops messed this one up. They were being told the kid killed two people. They should have took him into custody to sort things out.

-1st degree seems to be an overcharge. I mean, they do have 1st degree reckless homicide, but I still thing 2nd degree reckless would be more reflective of the events we saw.

Edit: final thought on this. I guess the Rittenhouse shooting highlights how gun control won't stop criminals from having them. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Belsnickel - 08-27-2020, 11:27 AM