Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
League leaders in missed tackles.
(07-29-2020, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: According to ProFootballOutsiders the top three players in the league in missed tackles were

Jesse Bates.........24
Nick Vigil............23
Shawn Williams...22

I have a saying.  "When a player stinks look at the player.  When ALL the players stink look at the coaching."  

Tackling is a basic skill that all of these guys learned in college.  I don't know how it could be blamed on the coaches unless these guys were missing tackles because they were out of position and not getting good clean tackle attempts.

I think a good deal of it comes down to coaching.  When you have turnover when it comes to coaching every 
Couple years it affects how players play that positon.
When Zimmer was DC I can promise you the Bengals didnt hsve 3 players in the top of missed tackles.
Zimmer had guys playing scared knowing they would hear about it from him and Marvin all week.

Here's the other side of it. Safties have the most ground to cover on defense.  I started 3 years in high school.
Bates and Willams I believe were so spent by the late 3rd q. Their technique and form was bad

Why were they tired. Cause slap nuts like Vigil.were missing tackles forcing our safeties to come up 
Make the stop. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
League leaders in missed tackles. - JSR18 - 07-29-2020, 04:39 PM
RE: League leaders in missed tackles. - impactplaya - 07-29-2020, 05:23 PM