Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
League leaders in missed tackles.
(07-30-2020, 11:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Vigil was better at shedding tackles and getting top the ball carrier.  that was not proven to be false.  An overwhelming majority of LB tackles come on running plays.  Since Bynes only played on running downs he should have had A LOT more tackles per snap than Vigil, but the actual difference is so small the numbers are almost identical (.113 to .117)

Vigl and Bynes were competeing directly with each other on the free agent market and Vigil got paid more money.

I just can not understand the infatuation so many people around here have with Bynes.  He is a career back up.  The two times he has gotten a multi yaer contract he got cut before he could complete it.  He got cut by the Cards in 2019 when he was under contract for less than $3 million.  Last year he did not even make an NFL roster coming out of training camp.  This has nothing to do with defending Vigil.  This is just an honest evaluation of Bynes.

And people accuse me of defending "average at best" players? Shocked
It has too, I clearly showed where Bynes averaged more tackles per snap last year. You have not proven that Vigil was "much better" as you stated. All you've got know is Vigil played more snaps on a much worse team. I'm not defending either I'm just calling BS on a made up opinion by providing stats, just as you did to support your erroneous assertion. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
League leaders in missed tackles. - JSR18 - 07-29-2020, 04:39 PM
RE: League leaders in missed tackles. - bfine32 - 07-30-2020, 01:15 PM