Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
League leaders in missed tackles.
(07-30-2020, 01:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was being a little sarcastic, but your definition likely gives too much credit when a player is afforded an "assist" and it doesn't change the fact that a solo tackle is that much more important.  

What is Tackle Assists?

This statistic is not officially recorded by the NFL, but some teams record it and make the information public.  A tackle assist is awarded if a player is tackled by at least two players.  The determination of which player is awarded a solo tackle, or if two players deserve an assist with no solo tackle is up to the statistician employed by the home team.

It was a few years back and took me quite a bit of time, but i once showed how Bengals players are beneficiaries of assisted tackles due to homer book keepers. For instance Domata Peko averaged about 25 assists per season while here. Once he left he's on about 10 per. In his 11 years here he only had 3 seasons with more solo tackles than assists; yet he's had more solos than assists every year since he's left. 

Edit: DP had one more assist than solo last year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
League leaders in missed tackles. - JSR18 - 07-29-2020, 04:39 PM
RE: League leaders in missed tackles. - bfine32 - 07-30-2020, 01:21 PM