Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds August 1st to 15th Games Thread
(08-12-2020, 04:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am stunned that so few of you have watched Votto throughout his career.

I do watch and you appear to just read his stats

Votto has always waited on good pitches to hit. 

(08-12-2020, 05:20 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I have watched Votto take pitches right down the middle early in the count for years. Half the time, he’s already dragging dirt with his feet and looking down before the pitch is even to the plate because it appears that he made up his mind in the on deck circle that he’s not swinging at anything until he has to. This is the first time in years that he has showed any form of consistency with his aggressive approach early in the count. I’m surprised you haven’t noticed.

(08-12-2020, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Exactly.

He was doing it all those years he was winning or finishing in the top 3 in MVP voting.  Except no one accused him of "not wanting to help the team" back then.  It is a big reason he has had such a great career as a hitter.
Exactly? 
You said he waits on good pitches to hit.
I mention seeing him taking good pitches and only swinging when he has to until recently and your answer is exactly? Unless you're saying "Exactly . . . I haven't noticed" to which I agree.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds August 1st to 15th Games Thread - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 08-12-2020, 08:59 PM