Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds August 1st to 15th Games Thread
Reds came back with win as Gray started.

Reds were set to have Bauer today and Castillo Sunday.

Instead this becomes a Split with Pirates for now.

Reds join Marlins and Cardinals as Reds games suspended until further notice due to Covid 19.

MLB baseball is not sure they can play these few months in Covid 2020. Marlins and Cardinals have a lot of games to make up. Now Reds will. Also the teams these teams were scheduled to play. If Reds like Marlins or Cardinals, the Reds may not be playing for a week or two. This will force many double headers as Marlins and Cardinals now facing.

I'm not sure of the future of Reds or MLB at this point, but I have a guess that if NY Based MLB ever has to suspend their Darling Yankees, Mets, Red Sox or and NY area team, they will just end the season. If ever Yankees or Red Sox don't get to play, then nobody will get to play. NY MLB will take their ball and go home.

So, For Now, NO REDS.....I'm guessing 10 day Covid time out, or somewhere in that ball park.

On a lesser note I will have to jockey my Fantasy Teams doing well, but Gray, Castillo, Bauer, Iglesias a big part of those teams. Since they never put Marlins or Cardinals as Injured, I can't move my Reds to IL. I won't drop any Reds BIG 3 Starters. I may have to dump Iggey and Moose who has played very few games. I was doing well in NBA Fantasy when they shut that down and later decided no restart. Fantasy is a good Stay At Home time killer, but not of great importance really. Fantasy Football is going to be next to impossible with Covid added to injuries. Again, not that Fantasy Sports means anything.

So Reds go into Covid time out in the play-offs in 2nd place. However Brewers and Cardinals in a position to knock Reds into 4th place and out of play-offs before Reds play again. Reds will have to get help from other Starters than THE BIG 3 if they return to many double headers. Reds may want to study how Cardinals work their bench players.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds August 1st to 15th Games Thread - kevin - 08-15-2020, 01:26 PM