Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Training Camp Report

Reply/Quote
Why are they all wearing sports bras?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 06:10 PM)Earendil Wrote: Why are they all wearing sports bras?

I looked it up based on the label on the back.  It is some kind of tracking tech thing. 

https://www.catapultsports.com/sports/american-football

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 06:16 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I looked it up based on the label on the back.  It is some kind of tracking tech thing. 

https://www.catapultsports.com/sports/american-football

Thanks.

Looks uncomfortable to me, but what do I know?
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 06:18 PM)Earendil Wrote: Thanks.

Looks uncomfortable to me, but what do I know?

A little more info.  Looks like the Bengals and a few other teams started using it last year and apparently more were using it before:

https://www.catapultsports.com/blog/catapult-signs-five-nfl-franchises-ahead-of-2019-season

Quote:The Cincinnati Bengals, New York Jets, Oakland Raiders, San Francisco 49ers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers will all use global positioning (GPS) and local positioning (LPS) technology to help optimize performance and reduce injury risk among their athletes in both indoor and outdoor environments.

Signalling Catapult’s continued growth at the highest level of American football, the agreements with these five franchises take the number of NFL teams using our technology to 19.

As well as delivering standard GPS/LPS-derived volume and intensity measures, Catapult has invested heavily in the development of metrics specific to American Football. By combining inertial sensor data with positional information, our elite wearable technology is able to provide unique measurements that highlight the specific positional demands of the sport.

As for comfort it doesn't look that bad to me but I don't know either. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

My GF who was reading this over my shoulder says they are to prevent bounce which reduces sagging....I'm now cursed with this information figured everyone else should be too.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Sure like seeing Burrow throwing to AJ and sure liked what Lap, Hoard and even Hobspin had to say.

Getting excited man, could be a great year for all of us unlike the first half. Cool

Thanks for the vids Holic, and yeah the sports bra thingies are weird alright.

Don't even know what that is about even after reading what George said. Still wondering why?

They scared of these guys disappearing or something?
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 06:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't even know what that is about even after reading what George said. Still wondering why?

They scared of these guys disappearing or something?

From what I can understand, which isn't much, it appears it tracks location data as well as other stuff like physiological data.  Perhaps heart rate and things like that.  I suppose the location info could be used to track if the player was in the proper position during plays, running the right route and so forth.  That seems like something coaches could figure out just from watching.  But I'm guessing there is some fancy computer stuff and data analysis going on that makes it worth using.

Catapult also claims it can reduce injury risk and help with rehab as well.  I'm not sure how but this is what they claim:

Quote:Optimize Performance: Prepare for the demands of football by managing workloads and monitoring player development.

Mitigate Injury Risk: Know when to keep pushing and when to back off. Quantify training programs and monitor the loading of your athletes to reduce the risk of preventable injuries.

Support Return To Play: Objectively manage the rehabilitation process through performance benchmarking and robust return to play protocols.

And as for QBs here is what they say:

Quote:Quarterback Metrics: Quantify and manage quarterback workloads with metrics including Throw Count, Contact Load and Total Load.

And I found this one interesting about linemen:

Quote:Linemen Metrics: Build a detailed picture of the demands being placed on your linemen with Contact, Contact Load, Total Load, Contact Load % and Load per Contact metrics.

If it works like they claim it seems like some pretty high tech stuff. I wonder if Mike Brown placed his order for that equipment via his fax machine. Tongue. Of course I'm just joking about that. It seems pretty cool to me that they are using technology like that. I hope it pays off, especially the part about reducing the risk of injuries given the last few years.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 06:40 PM)Synric Wrote: My GF who was reading this over my shoulder says they are to prevent bounce which reduces sagging....I'm now cursed with this information figured everyone else should be too.

Well, the last thing I would want would be for their boobs to start sagging.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 07:39 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: From what I can understand, which isn't much, it appears it tracks location data as well as other stuff like physiological data.  Perhaps heart rate and things like that.  I suppose the location info could be used to track if the player was in the proper position during plays, running the right route and so forth.  That seems like something coaches could figure out just from watching.  But I'm guessing there is some fancy computer stuff and data analysis going on that makes it worth using.

Catapult also claims it can reduce injury risk and help with rehab as well.  I'm not sure how but this is what they claim:

If it works like they claim it seems like some pretty high tech stuff.  I wonder if Mike Brown placed his order for that equipment via his fax machine.  Tongue. Of course I'm just joking about that.  It seems pretty cool to me that they are using technology like that.  I hope it pays off, especially the part about reducing the risk of  injuries given the last few years.

Wild, thanks George. Wonder what a guy like Tim Krumrie would think about this.

Remembered he would carry and work out with a Smithies Iron. Dude was nuts. Krumrie rocks. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 07:43 PM)Earendil Wrote: Well, the last thing I would want would be for their boobs to start sagging.

Yes, the ladies need to keep those babies firm...
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 07:43 PM)Earendil Wrote: Well, the last thing I would want would be for their boobs to start sagging.

Where were these things when big Andre was playing?

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 07:39 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: From what I can understand, which isn't much, it appears it tracks location data as well as other stuff like physiological data.  Perhaps heart rate and things like that.  I suppose the location info could be used to track if the player was in the proper position during plays, running the right route and so forth.  That seems like something coaches could figure out just from watching.  But I'm guessing there is some fancy computer stuff and data analysis going on that makes it worth using.

If it works like they claim it seems like some pretty high tech stuff.  I wonder if Mike Brown placed his order for that equipment via his fax machine.  Tongue. Of course I'm just joking about that.  It seems pretty cool to me that they are using technology like that.  I hope it pays off, especially the part about reducing the risk of  injuries given the last few years.

It's also used for contact tracing of sorts.  If someone is stationary within 6 feet of someone else who is stationary for certain time period, it gives alert.  I caught someone talking about it on the NFL radio the other day.
Reply/Quote

GPS trackers, we use them in sports over here. Basically they track speed, distance etc, when paired with a heart monitor they can be used to monitor effort levels and training loads. Our players where them in games as well and some of the data has been allowed to be used in tv broadcasts. It allows you to see how often players are at max speed, jogging and walking etc. It really is quite interesting data, comparing game and training data allows you to tailor training to match game scenarios etc.
Reply/Quote

It is really used in analysing training, what % of time players were moving at different speeds etc. The injury prevention is through being able to measure and plot training loads, you can compare it day to day and monitor the time, distance and intensity of training. If a player has spent a larger % of time at top speed and under fatigue a coach may decide to ease up on the training of that player or athlete to prevent injury for example. I've used them so I am happy to answer if you have any questions.

They also measure acceleration and deceleration so can be used to measure gforce impacts.

It is also not technically GPS as they use sensors they install at the stadium and not satellites but it works on the same principles.
Reply/Quote
The rectangle at the top of this jersey is actually a gps stitched into the jersey.

[Image: 599f01dd21bbde1d6f63ea49678e4355.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 08:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, the ladies need to keep those babies firm...

You remember the scene in "Hall Pass" when talking about the "known correlation" between saggy boobs and....
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 10:48 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It's also used for contact tracing of sorts.  If someone is stationary within 6 feet of someone else who is stationary for certain time period, it gives alert.  I caught someone talking about it on the NFL radio the other day.

That's actually a different thing. What you are talking about is on their wrist like a fitness tracker.
Reply/Quote

As long as they don't start wearing them without shirts under them.....
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 08:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: As long as they don't start wearing them without shirts under them.....

What like this lol

[Image: sbw_gpsport.jpg]
Reply/Quote