Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vonn Bell-press conference
1) Chose Cincinnati because of the culture Zac is building
"He wants a ferocious team. He wants guys that are hungry. Guys that come to work every day."

2) Former OSU teammate Sam Hubbard (can we say future Captain Sam Hubbard) was instrumental in convincing him to come here.

3) Said Joe Burrow has more swagger now than he did as a freshman...and that he is learning to slide more often

4) He gets up at 4AM to get a full workout in BEFORE heading to the stadium to work out more

5) twice said... "Put myself last and my teammates first."

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hope he'll be a cornerstone at S for the next 10 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
We're in a good spot at Safety with Him, Bates, and Williams. I feel like the defense will be a lot better than last season. It will be interesting to see how they incorporate all three to the defensive scheme this year!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 03:57 PM)J24 Wrote: We're in a good spot at Safety with Him, Bates, and Williams. I feel like the defense will be a lot better than last season. It will be interesting to see how they incorporate all three to the defensive scheme this year!

Thats a great script to a new movie, lets hope the director and the cast dont disappoint. sorry, meat to quote Pally.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 03:19 PM)pally Wrote: 1) Chose Cincinnati because of the culture Zac is building
    "He wants a ferocious team. He wants guys that are hungry. Guys that come to work every day."

2) Former OSU teammate Sam Hubbard (can we say future Captain Sam Hubbard) was instrumental in convincing him to come here.

3) Said Joe Burrow has more swagger now than he did as a freshman...and that he is learning to slide more often

4) He gets up at 4AM to get a full workout in BEFORE heading to the stadium to work out more

Frickin' awesome. Love Vonn coming here and that is awesome Hubbard was instrumental in it happening.

Hubbard is growing into one of my favorite players very quickly. 
Reply/Quote
I think some people are over estimating the guys we brought in at CB and LB, but Bell and Reader were great moves.

Just think how crazy this off season has been. In most years the signing of Bell BY ITSELF would have made us giddy that the Bengals signed something more than a project or has-been.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 09:10 PM)fredtoast Bell and Reader were great moves. Wrote: Just think how crazy this off season has been.  In most years the signing of Bell BY ITSELF would have made us giddy that the Bengals signed something more than a project or has-been.

Yeah. True that. Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 09:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think some people are over estimating the guys we brought in at CB and LB, but Bell and Reader were great moves.

Just think how crazy this off season has been.  In most years the signing of Bell BY ITSELF would have made us giddy that the Bengals signed something more than a project or has-been.

One thing not overestimated about our new corners, they come from a winning culture in Minnesota. Taylor is flooding the locker room with guys who have been, and expect to be in the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 09:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think some people are over estimating the guys we brought in at CB and LB, but Bell and Reader were great moves.

Just think how crazy this off season has been.  In most years the signing of Bell BY ITSELF would have made us giddy that the Bengals signed something more than a project or has-been.

The ability to tackle is no small skill set given the struggles we had at CB and LB in the past.  With the likes of Lamar Jackson, Nick Chubb, and others in our division, tackling is step 1 in holding back those offenses.  

But I agree that Bell and Reader are the class of the signings.  
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 07:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Frickin' awesome. Love Vonn coming here and that is awesome Hubbard was instrumental in it happening.

Hubbard is growing into one of my favorite players very quickly. 

don't yell that to loud Nate, you'll bring out the OSU fan hater on here!!!!

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 01:12 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The ability to tackle is no small skill set given the struggles we had at CB and LB in the past. 

Plus Kirkpatrick and Dennard had problems staying healthy.  Neither one has played more than 13 games since '17.  They missed a combined 23 games over the last two years.  

But I am still a little worried about the cover skills of the new guys.  You don't pay a CB $14 million a year to tackle.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 08:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: One thing not overestimated about our new corners, they come from a winning culture in Minnesota. Taylor is flooding the locker room with guys who have been, and expect to be in the playoffs. 

And the corner can tackle - a SIGNIFICANT improvement from Dre.   The whole emphasis on smarts, tough minded leaders and tackling has got me psyched.

Then to hear Bell say that Taylor wants a "ferocious" team really winds me out.    Hopefully the NFL is able to have a legitimate season.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 03:15 PM)3wt Wrote: And the corner can tackle - a SIGNIFICANT improvement from Dre.   The whole emphasis on smarts, tough minded leaders and tackling has got me psyched.

Then to hear Bell say that Taylor wants a "ferocious" team really winds me out.    Hopefully the NFL is able to have a legitimate season.

I'm so hoping we have something close to a regular season I'm dying to see what this new crew can do. So glad we landed Bell.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Plus Kirkpatrick and Dennard had problems staying healthy.  Neither one has played more than 13 games since '17.  They missed a combined 23 games over the last two years.  

But I am still a little worried about the cover skills of the new guys.  You don't pay a CB $14 million a year to tackle.

They definitely overpaid Waynes, but a 2-14 team with a history of being a bad franchise has to do that in some cases if they want good FA’s.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 01:45 PM)RASCAL Wrote: don't yell that to loud Nate, you'll bring out the OSU fan hater on here!!!!

Nate is not a OSU fan anymore than I am. We both just value players that can help the BENGALS. Leave your college biases outside of JN please.

Reply/Quote

Agree, besides Burrow the biggest reason why I'm optimistic about the Bengals is there willingness to finally change there approach to free agency.  Their aggressiveness this offseason is something I haven't seen in my 30 years as a fan and it's refreshing. I still think building the majority of your team through the draft is the best way to go but you can't just completely neglect free agency like the Bengals have done in the past. Realistically going forward I don't expect every offseasaon to have this many big free agent signings but just for the Bengals to add quality free agents here and there during the Joe Burrow era when needed. 
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 03:19 PM)pally Wrote: 1) Chose Cincinnati because of the culture Zac is building

Really love hearing this. Not just that he is buying in to the culture Zac is building, and Hubbard's role, but Bell is already showing leadership big time. He gets up at 4am to workout.....And puts his teammates first. I mean come-on? This is exactly the kind of players we need. And DJ Reader is much the same. I was already very happy about the signing of Bell, but after this I'm practically giddy.

My hat is off again to Zac, Lou and also Mike Brown for signing these guys, and following it up with a great draft full of leaders and captains while at the same time addressing needs. This is the best offseason the Bengals have had in my lifetime as a Bengal fan hands down. My faith in this organization from top to bottom has been lifted up from the depths of the sewers lol. After such a dismal '19 season, you just cant script this much better. Its like..... a redemption or something.
Reply/Quote
Can’t wait to see this guy in stripes.

https://youtu.be/ZwdMdCBzSBU

Reply/Quote