Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(09-07-2020, 07:44 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ABC actually ran with the "quiet night" headline at first.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/portland-oregon-quiet-night-100-days-protest-72857399?ocid=uxbndlbing
"portland oregon quite night 100 days protest"

When I was scrolling through the Bing trending news feed (no search, just the whole feed) that's actually still the line that is shown. Here's a cropped screen shot of it on my screen....
[Image: abc-portland.png]

"Portland, Oregon has quiet night after 100 days of protest."

I was confused considering SFGate has "Dozens arrested as violent Portland protests continue." right below it. So I clicked on the ABC link and despite it's title which is now "Portland, Oregon, demonstrators gather near police precinct." the actual article itself mentions a mattress fire the fire department had to put out, and molotov cocktails being thrown with the police responding with tear gar, and 59 people being arrested.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

News standards have gone to absolute shit in the 24/7 digital age.

It gets even more interesting when you contrast that with the media coverage of the Virginia pro 2A rally and the Michigan state capital protest.  Events were there was zero violence, one arrest between them (for wearing a face covering, charges later dropped), and, in the case of the Virginia rally, they picked up their own trash and actually left the place cleaner than it was before.  But according to the media they were both inches short of the Nuremberg rallies.   Whatever
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-07-2020, 11:00 AM