Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Who would you rather have for all 16 games?
(08-20-2020, 03:28 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: You can say whatever you want about "the almighty AJ Green" because I didn't put it like that. On this team, that's fitting. Ross is not in the same conversation as Green unless you're talking about them being teammates. Ross is nowhere near Green's level. That's not a knock on Ross, there aren't too many people on Green's level.

You asked for opinions. You even stated in another thread that you knew you'd get killed for it. So I appreciate what you're doing. You took a very unpopular stance and are explaining your side. That's fine. You can say whatever you want, but it won't change my opinion on the matter. If I could choose which WR I would want to play all 16 games, it's Green. In my opinion, Ross wouldn't be my second or third pick either.

I will say this thread is slightly better than the thread saying Burrow will have a better career than Mahomes.

Dude, no where did I say anyone was wrong...I tried to counter arguments by getting them to look at other information or perspectives.  It isn't a right or wrong argument because you could never guarantee which is more likely to be healthy.   I think Ross is a lot more important to this team than he is given credit for.  

Looking at Green's most recent season, 2018 (two years ago), he had two games where he exceeded 100 yards receiving.  14-117 against KC and 10-112 against Miami.  

Last year, in 8 games, Ross had two games where he exceeded 100 yards receiving.  12-158 against Seattle, and 8-112 against SF.  I won't get in to the argument did it against better defenses.

Ross was targeted 56 times for 506 yards and had a YPR of 18.1, 3 TDs
AJ Green was targeted 77 times for 694 yards and a YPR of 15.1. 6 TDs

Even though this most recent example showed Green had more TDs, Ross averages a TD every 5 receptions, and it shows Ross to provide more explosive plays.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who would you rather have for all 16 games? - SHRacerX - 08-20-2020, 06:14 PM