Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA impossible to watch
(12-29-2021, 10:34 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I stopped watching the NBA when Jordan left the Bulls. During that time in the 90s, there was always the anticipation of seeing "the next Jordan". Jerry Stackhouse. Harold "Baby Jordan" Miner. Vince "Air Canada" Carter.... However, in 1992, I thought one player fit the bill, a rookie on Golden State. He moved fluidly through the lane with the ball. Back then if you ran into the paint you would also run into elbows with no foul calls. This kid went in untouched a lot of times. He could also shoot from the arc. Then in 1994, he put the league on notice. He torched the Knicks (considered one of the most brutal defensive teams at the time) for 41 points. He was the closest thing to Jordan I have ever seen. Until he went snuffleuppagus nutso and choked his coach. What a shame, all that talent. When he came to the Knicks, I got to watch him more when the Bulls weren't being televised in my area.

It wasn't until January 2011 when I was at my in-laws, one of the brothers being a huge New York fan (Yankees/Knicks/Giants/Rangers), that I became interested in watching basketball again. He turned on the TV to watch the last half/quarter of the game. There was a bench player, a curiosity, a Harvard graduate much like Fitzpatrick, who was usually put in during the last quarter. I asked him why just watch now, the game is almost over. He said there was one guy he liked to watch - Jeremy Lin. That guy was not graceful, but you can see he played hard and with heart no matter what the score. He played harder than a few who were starting. I come to find out he has a huge Asian following in New York City. His unpolished style was actually fun to watch. "Linsanity".... He could have made a lot in endorsements. To bad a scumbag found him to be a threat and drove him out of town. Thank you, Carmelo Anthony. You suck.

It IS a damned shame that Sprewell is mostly remembered for the Carlesimo incident... Like you said; he was badass when teamed with Tim Hardaway and Chris Mullen. Then for that one year a rookie Chris Webber also entered the mix.

You Jeremy Lin story is kinda funny. Dude blew up for like 3 weeks, and never did it again. It was a cool story while it lasted though. Hustle guys are always big in New York. The king was John Starks, but Emmanuel Quickly is probably the current fan favorite.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
NBA impossible to watch - McC - 08-30-2020, 06:00 PM
RE: NBA impossible to watch - J24 - 09-11-2020, 10:42 PM
RE: NBA impossible to watch - jason - 09-14-2020, 03:14 PM
RE: NBA impossible to watch - fredtoast - 09-16-2020, 12:52 PM
RE: NBA impossible to watch - jason - 09-19-2020, 04:53 PM
RE: NBA impossible to watch - Passepartout - 09-19-2020, 08:10 PM
RE: NBA impossible to watch - Johnv713 - 10-04-2020, 07:39 PM
RE: NBA impossible to watch - samhain - 10-23-2020, 03:03 PM