Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds September 1st to 15th Game Thread
(09-11-2020, 02:07 AM)kevin Wrote: BORING :   Reds still playing and losing at 12:30 AM with 3 innings left.  The Chiefs and Texans game over around 11.  Reds may be over around 2 in morning.   This is where baseball stinks.  I remember when the average game was 2 hours or less.  3 hours was a long game.  Today games that go 4 or 5 hours are common place and it is as exciting as watching paint dry.  I like the 7 inning games of 2020.  MLB should make them all 7 innings in the future.  Nobody wants to watch baseball games that go 4 or 5 hours.  

So I watched the Chiefs and that went fast compared to Reds I've turned off as they still flub around at 12:30 with a good hour or more into around 2 AM.   Baseball is boring itself to death with these long games.  Oh to have the 2 to 3 hour game era back. I'm for 7 inning games if it gets these snoozers over with.

So Reds are losing series to Cubs.  I do see they are looking at players for next season like a normal losing Reds September.  Stephenson at catcher and Garcia at shortstop are BIG in Reds plans.   Take a look at different people, get ready for spring training in 5 months.  Stick a fork in Reds 2020, they are done.  Have the FAT LADY sing from her house and shown on Fox Ohio in Covid season.  OR just put a Cut Out of The Fat Lady opera singer in Viking helmet in seats behind home plate or in front of the truck in outfield they have never gave away in all the years they've did that cheap promotion.  Sure, stick the Fat Lady Cut Out in front of truck they never give away. get some use out of it.  The Truck Promotion is pointless.  If a Red hits this sign someone wins a truck. To my knowledge in the decades Toyota or Honda have been doing that promotion, no Red has ever hit the sign.  They might as well say if a Red hits the ball over the Ohio River into Kentucky, this company will give away a truck.  Just more boring daily nonsense at the old ball park to fill these 5 hour marathon games.  My turning off boring game means I will miss hearing what The Old Cowboy is going to eat. That is REDS EXCITEMENT, hearing what THE OLD COWBOY is going to eat...Wake me when it's over, snore, snore.

Sadly Kevin we're watching the demise of baseball. They've successfully devolved this once great game into a glorified home run derby. Every passing season they somehow manage to make it a little more boring. I'm afraid history will look at the covid season as the final straw that broke baseball's back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds September 1st to 15th Game Thread - bengalfan74 - 09-11-2020, 06:39 AM