Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate - Breakout Year with Burrow?
(09-06-2020, 09:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: People think I hate Tate, but I just disagree witht he people who go on about how he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I'd love to see him develop into a great WR, or at least a 6'5" red zone/3rd down weapon, but right now I don't even see him as a starter.

You've made "the greatest thing since sliced bread" comment twice I've seen.

Has anyone actually said this, or anything even remotely close to this?  I'm honestly curious as to how you're coming to this conclusion.  What is being said that leads you to believe this is the sentiment that many have.

Because I haven't seen anything close to this.  I haven't seen one single person say that they think the's going to be some elite weapon.  Not one.  The consensus seems to be that he's battling with the 3/4/5 guys for reps.

I think what many of these people (myself included) are actually saying is simply that he has value, and do no sleep on this guy contributing this year.

Is he going to be our #1 or #2 receiver?  No, not without injury.  But that doesn't mean you can't have a conversation about his worth.

The fact of the matter is Auden Tate is guy that contributed a decent amount last year, and he's still young (only 23).  The coaches seem to like him, and he possesses some qualities that some of his peers do not. 

While he may never be an elite receiver, or the greatest thing since sliced bread, that doesn't mean he isn't worthy of discussion or praise.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auden Tate - Breakout Year with Burrow? - Wes Mantooth - 09-07-2020, 11:47 AM