Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate - Breakout Year with Burrow?
(09-07-2020, 06:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I mean a guy is at the very bottom of the pff grade scale and a penalty machine but he has a couple good games at the end of his 4th or 5th season and he gets put in the defend to the end. 

PFF had Auden Tate ranked ten spots higher than Odell Beckham at WR last year.  And their 5th ranked OT could not even get a job until the Eagles signed him as a replacement for an injured guard. So it is pretty comical for anyone to put too much weight on their mystical ranking formula that no one can even see the basis for.

Lat Year Bobby Hart Bobby Hart ranked 13th out of 64 qualifying OTs in "sacks+holding penalities" per snap (many people consider a holding penalty equal to allowing a sack).  He ranked 25th in sacks per snap played..  .  .  https://www.milehighreport.com/2020/2/18/21142328/2019-offensive-line-pass-blocking-review 

He had fewer blown blocks and sacks allowed than fan favorite Trey Hopkins. (per FootballOutsiders)

I don't have the full lists, but Hart was not close to the bottom 20 in blown blocks by an OT despite playing 1111 snaps.  And his snaps per blown block(48.3) was very close to the top 20 (51.7) in the league. (per FootballOutsiders)

But that reminds me  "Where is the Fred Johnson fan club these days?"  LOL  Wasn't he the darling of PFF?

(09-07-2020, 06:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote:  The next guy improves greatly from year one to year two on a shit team with shit QB's that can't hit the ocean from the beach ! And somebody says he may be pretty good this season and here comes the lion's roar.

Last year there were 77 WRs with at least 32 receptions.  Among those 77 Tate ranked

77th in catch percentage
71st in tds
61st in yards per target.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auden Tate - Breakout Year with Burrow? - fredtoast - 09-07-2020, 07:35 PM