Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate - Breakout Year with Burrow?
(09-08-2020, 10:51 AM)Au165 Wrote: That is funny. Too bad it's against ToS to bump old threads.

As for the Mike Williams comment, I stand behind it 100%. Auden Tate can be Mike Williams with better QB play. The arguement stemmed from people saying you can't be good without seperation, Tate gets slightly better seperation than Williams and plays a similar style game. The big difference I pointed out, in the thread you took that quote from, was that Williams recieved FAR better placed balls than Tate did. We will see if Mike Williams can be Mike Williams with worse QB play this year interestingly enough.

Absolutely he could.
Tate had 575 yards in 10 starts. Over the course of a full season, that'd be over 900 yards.
Mike Williams had 664 yards in 2018 and 1001 yards in 2019 with likely-HOF-bound Rivers throwing to him.
I imagine Williams will probably decrease in production too with Taylor/Herbert at QB.
With that said, I see Williams' lack of speed being a major factor in him never ascending to being a true good WR1.
As such, I don't see Tate ever getting to the level of a true good WR1 either, but he's capable of being a good WR2/3.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auden Tate - Breakout Year with Burrow? - ochocincos - 09-08-2020, 11:29 AM