Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate - Breakout Year with Burrow?
(09-08-2020, 11:51 AM)Whatever Wrote: Lack of speed?  Mike Williams ran a 4.49 40.  Williams had 17 catches of 20+ yards and 8 catches of 40+ yards last year.  Tate had 8 of 20+ yards and 0 of 40+.  They are not comparable because Williams is a legitimate deep threat that can take the top off the defense and Tate is not.

Some YouTube "expert" makes a vid comparing the two and they are suddenly equivalent players.

Couple things, Depending who's watch you looked at Williams was anywhere from 4.49 to mid 4.5. The other issue is you are using Williams second year of starting versus Tate's first. When you check out Williams's first-year starting compared to Tate's, things make a little more sense.

Williams- 43 catches 664 yards 15.4 AVG
Tate- 40 catches 575 yards 14.4 AVG

As to the YouTuber, I actually made this comparison right after the season not sure when the Youtuber jumped on board. Stats aside, the comparison was based on them being similar in their separation data along with similar high pointing and contested catch ability. My contention was, and is, Tate with a better QB can be Mike Williams. I am interested to see what Mike Williams is this year with a QB who shy's away from risky throws more so than Rivers did.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auden Tate - Breakout Year with Burrow? - Au165 - 09-08-2020, 12:04 PM