Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate - Breakout Year with Burrow?
(09-08-2020, 12:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: Couple things, Depending who's watch you looked at Williams was anywhere from 4.49 to mid 4.5. The other issue is you are using Williams second year of starting versus Tate's first. When you check out Williams's first-year starting compared to Tate's, things make a little more sense.

Williams- 43 catches 664 yards 15.4 AVG
Tate- 40 catches 575 yards 14.4 AVG

As to the YouTuber, I actually made this comparison right after the season not sure when the Youtuber jumped on board. Stats aside, the comparison was based on them being similar in their separation data along with similar high pointing and contested catch ability. My contention was, and is, Tate with a better QB can be Mike Williams. I am interested to see what Mike Williams is this year with a QB who shy's away from risky throws more so than Rivers did.

In their 2nd seasons, QB's throwing to Tate did so at a 67.4 QBR.  Williams was at 131.9.  Their numbers only look similar because you omitted the fact that Williams scored 10 TD'S compared to Tate's 1 and Williams did his damage on only 63 Targets.

We can split hairs over Pro Day 40's, but Williams has proven he's a legitimate deep threat on the field, which is where it matters.  While Tate may have similarities in his game to Williams, he doesn't have the speed to stretch the defense like Williams can.  Because of that, he's not comparable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auden Tate - Breakout Year with Burrow? - Whatever - 09-08-2020, 01:23 PM