Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Sept 16th-27th . . . Last 10 games - The race to the playoffs or elimination
So Reds SWEEP PIRATES and remain at 26 losses. Giants remain at 24 losses. Cardinals move up to 23 losses.

.500 doesn't matter, not how bad rest of National League is

Just as NFL bye weeks, keep your eye on the losses more than the wins.

So this half a game stuff is nonsense. There are no tie games in baseball. At seasons end there will be no half a game differences.

Castillo pitched a great game and 2 innings of bullpen for a 1-0 win.

Reds now have a Thursday off. They need Suarez wife to have a fine, healthy baby and Suarez to get back fast. The Reds need the proud Papa in the line-up if they are going to do this thing. You can't count on winning many games that you score 1 run only.

So my count is Reds are 2 behind Giants and 3 behind Cardinals. They both play on Reds day off, so one or both could lose and tighten this up. Maybe 1 game behind Giants or 2 games behind Cardinals when Reds hit the field again. With added play-off teams we may have NL teams in under .500 ball.

Much needed SWEEP to stay at 26 losses as Giants and Cardinals add to their losses.

Bengals vs Browns Thursday, GO BENGALS...and GO Mariners and Pirates Thursday.....No news yet on Suarez new baby and his return....No news on Gray back injury, except he hopes to return this season.

So hopefully Bengals beat Browns as Reds day off Giants go to 25 losses or Cardinals to 24 losses or both as Reds hold at 26.

This weekend Giants play Oakland so I'm going to be a real Athletic Supporter.

Reds vs White Sox and 2019 had no Reds mention of 100 years since Reds World Series. That is not fair because Reds had a good team beating out tough National League teams such as Manager John McGraw power New York Giants. The Reds won the National League against good teams. The White Sox of 1919 may have been like Oakland of 1990, upsets happen. If some White Sox took a dive, NO RED WAS KICKED OUT OF BASEBALL. So more respect needed for 1st Base-Jake Daubert, 2nd Base- Morrie Rath, Shortstop- Larry Kopf. 3rd Base- Heinie Groh, LF- Greasy Neale, CF-Edd Roush, RF- Rube Bressler, C- Ivy Wingo...Bench of Bill Pafiden-C and Sherry Magee-OF. ...Pitchers Slim Sallee and Hod Eller both of 20 wins. Dutch Ruether of 19 wins. Ray Fisher, Jimmy Ping, Dolpgh Luque...Manager Pat Moran....a starter in World Series was Pat Duncan in RF who must have won the job from Bressler....It looks to me like Chicago pitched Reds pretty good, except for Reds Neele who had 10 hits and batted .357....Also Duncan was right to play instead of Bressler as Duncan led team with 8 RBI's.....It could be Reds just out pitched them as Hod Eller won 2 games of 2.00 ERA and 15 K's.....It may be the NL 1919 NY Giants were better than AL Chicago. ..I have seen teams win World Series who sports writers never gave a chance, such as 1990 Reds. ...Reds Owner was Garry Herrmann....Reds Manger was Hall Of Fame Christy Mathewson who left the Reds late in 1918 season to enlist in World War I. He was poison gassed and developed T.B. and too sick to return, Pat Moran became 1919 manager. Let us stop to think that one of the greatest pitchers ever had coached up this great Reds pitching staff before World War I wounded before 1919 season.. ...So a lot more respect for the 1919 Reds is needed....and does anybody ever consider that the 1919 Reds won the NL season for Moran but with Mathewson in their hearts. ...AT LEAST GIVE 1919 REDS CREDIT FOR WINNING TOUGH NATIONAL LEAGUE, and maybe World Series Win, hey, Reds were a darn good team.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds Sept 16th-27th . . . Last 10 games - The race to the playoffs or elimination - kevin - 09-17-2020, 02:23 AM