Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Sept 16th-27th . . . Last 10 games - The race to the playoffs or elimination
On Monday Reds beat Brewers, Phillies lost, Giants lost, Cardinals lost. This puts Reds, Brewers, Phillies all at 27 losses for 8th play-off spot...Giants at 26 losses....Cardinals at 25 losses in as a 2nd place team. .

I read Bauer pitching on short rest Wednesday and there will be no limit on Gray return to mound. So it sounds like maybe Gray back down last week stretch and Reds are going into more of a 4 man play-off rotation. So Reds are going All In on their chips in this final hand, winner take all. Reds are working it so Castillo and Bauer can pitch twice, Castillo 1st game just over with a win. Also maybe Gray in a game. The Big 3 pitching 5 games this last long week of regular season.

So a good Monday for Reds as they won and the others lost. Reds needed that with time running out.

In closer look, the Reds are ahead of the Phillies for now. Reds a game OVER .500....This is first time I've been able to say Reds over .500 in years.

The American League 8 is more set except order. As on now 1. Rays, 2. White Sox, 3. Athletics, 4. Twins, 5. Yankees, 6. Astros, 7. Indians, 8. Blue Jays.

The National League 8 is Dodgers, Cubs, Braves, Padres, Cardinals, Marlins, with Giants, Reds in and Phillies very close.

Don't assume Dodgers vs Rays World Series. Not in short Covid season with expanded teams play-offs. Make note World Series Washington Nationals already are OUT. Astros are in, but Cole is a Yankee and Verlander injured all year, so not same team. A very improved team is the Padres.....I like Reds Pitching if they have Bauer, Castillo, Gray.

If NBA, NHL and MLB finish play-offs in Covid 2020, they are doing what many thought could not be done months ago. Give credit to the extra effort all teams and players are putting in to do this.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds Sept 16th-27th . . . Last 10 games - The race to the playoffs or elimination - kevin - 09-22-2020, 02:04 AM