Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I just took off my Bengals jersey for the last time...
(09-18-2020, 12:56 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Defense will be better.

That play where Dunlap was on the RB for the TD was very telling. Lou Anarumo doesn't even know what a linebacker is. Last year he kept putting Hubbard in pass coverage to poor results. That play tonight was it for that guy as far as I'm concerned. He has no business coordinating a college defense. They tried the Rams model of buying a defense and he still managed to screw it up by installing a bunch of goofy 3-4 stuff. If you don't know the difference between a 4-3 base end and a coverage linebacker, please just pick a different career. This roster is chock full of a bunch of 4 technique guys who are too slow to set the edge and too small to stop power run teams. Absolutely nonsensical type of stuff. I feel sorry for the players on the roster who care. 

Edit: I watched the play again and it's possible that Pratt was on man coverage for the RB, he thought that he was staying in to block, and he just blew the assignment. Still. I've seen enough out of some of the players to have hope that they're capable of being good pros. Most of the coaching staff, in particular Anarumo, have shown nothing. In fact I'd be willing to bet that ZT, LA, and BC will never win anything substantial under their current titles.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think I just took off my Bengals jersey for the last time... - Bilbo Saggins - 09-18-2020, 01:10 AM