Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This organization doesn’t deserve Burrow
(09-18-2020, 01:04 AM)michaelsean Wrote: A lot if good QBs are drafted by very bad teams. The Bengals are no less deserving of their pick.

This.

Peyton told him that his first year would be rough.  Number one overall picks don't generally go to playoff contenders.  

I'm looking for an 03 kind of season here.  With the lack of offseason, it will take time to see the full picture.  At the end of the year, things could look a lot different than they do now, and as far as the most important factor is concerned (Burrow), things aren't exactly bad.  Things will suck, then they'll win a game or two we don't expect them to.  Then confidence builds.

If this isn't the case, and Burrow continues to play well surrounded by a lackluster roster, I look for them to be aggressive in addressing it.  Zac isn't the face of the team.  Burrow is.  Ownership wants wants a new stadium deal, and that hinges on Burrow and his viability as a marketable asset.  If we see tonight repeat on a loop throughout the year, I think Taylor's replacement is highly likely.  

If they screw up an apparent sure thing like Burrow, then they're done as a franchise.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This organization doesn’t deserve Burrow - samhain - 09-18-2020, 01:18 AM