Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This team needs entire roster needs upgrades...but how do we do it?
It's pretty simple how you do it. Let's say for arguments sake that we finish at #3 overall for the draft (I've seen the Vegas odds put us in that range)

1. You draft Pene Sewell and put him at LT. He's the best LT prospect to come out in a very long time.
2. You move Jonah to RT. He played RT his freshman year at Bama. However he may be a better fit inside.
3. You draft the top OG in Round 2. This is a very heavy OG draft.

That should fix the O-line. I like what I've seen from Hopkins and Jonah, but Sewell is such a rare talent, that you have to make that switch.

At some point the older guys are going to start showing their age. I'm fearful that this may be the case with Dunlap, Atkins and AJ. AJ has been consistent, but he's missing that burst. I also think that Burrow distributes that ball so well that you may not need the dominant #1 guy.

That being said, you go back into the free agent market on defense and add a pass rusher and DT.

Will all that happen? Probably not, but if we could at least add a couple of young studs on the O-line, we should be halfway there.

Worst case - the team struggles and we are looking for a new coach. The upside is that this job is going to be very attractive with Burrow.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This team needs entire roster needs upgrades...but how do we do it? - Hammerstripes - 09-18-2020, 11:20 AM