Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bought a joiner table
I used to buy lumber that's rough cut on both edges and squared it up with the table saw, but I often would lose 2-3 inches, sometimes more trying to keep the edges straight up against the fence. Now I only lose just the rough edge and nothing more. That doesn't seem like much, but when you consider some of the lumber I buy costs $4-5 and sometimes more per board foot that few inches of lumber starts to add up pretty fast.  I had a piece of white oak that costs around $4.75 per board foot. It started out as a 6" board and ended up around 3" just trying to square up the edges. That's a lot of money ending up as sawdust..
If you're into woodworking especially with hardwoods a joiner is a great investment..The longer the better since short bed joiners don't do great with longer boards.. I might even add more extensions to the bed on the one I have to make it an 8 foot bed, but we'll see. My space is really limited. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bought a joiner table - grampahol - 09-23-2020, 12:00 PM
RE: Bought a joiner table - grampahol - 09-23-2020, 12:41 PM
RE: Bought a joiner table - fredtoast - 09-23-2020, 01:16 PM
RE: Bought a joiner table - Synric - 09-23-2020, 03:13 PM
RE: Bought a joiner table - Vas Deferens - 09-23-2020, 03:53 PM
RE: Bought a joiner table - BengalHawk62 - 09-28-2020, 08:17 PM