Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS vs Braves Play-Off Games Thread
(10-04-2020, 02:42 PM)samhain Wrote: Votto  isn't going  anywhere.  Nobody wants him and he has a no trade clause.  The best the Reds can hope for is a permanent switch to the DH to mitigate his being a liability at first.  He does still get on base at a decent rate, so he's not completely without value for a player in decline.

I think giving up on Suarez would be a mistake.  He had a rough year after shoulder surgery in the Spring, and I think he struggled to get comfortable.  He's shown that he can consistently produce.  I'm willing to accept that this year was an outlier.  The only way I trade him is for a haul that we can't refuse, and that's unlikely.  Selling on a player after. a down year is a terrible idea.  You're going to get poor value.  It's what the Reds did in the last rebuild, and it went pretty poorly.  

They should plan on Bauer being gone.  I see no way he returns.  

What they need is a hitter that isn't a 3 outcome guy every at bat.  They need a guy or two that can hit for average.  An upgrade at shortstop is probably a must, but that's easier said than done.  I'd look at Gregorius again.  Marcus Semien is a pipe dream, but he fits the need perfectly.  

Other than that, I see Antone as the 5th starter.  Not sure what they do after Gray and Castillo.  I'd let Disco walk.  Miley doesn't inspire confidence.  2 rotation spots to fill.

There is talk that the Dodgers(the we can't win unless we have ALL the best players Dodgers) and the Mets will be going after him and there's just no way the Reds can compete with the big markets teams.

I do wonder if Bauer's refusal to sign anything more than one year deals will come into play.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: REDS vs Braves Play-Off Games Thread - McC - 10-04-2020, 09:43 PM