Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric bieniemy
How in the world did zac Taylor get this coaching job over him in the first place???you would think that bieniemy would have been the favorite just because he's a former bengals player,then there's the resume part of it..I saw Eric lighting into his offense last night for making mistakes this guy looks the part if you ask me wish we would've hired him here...
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 11:35 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: How in the world did zac Taylor get this coaching job over him in the first place???you would think that bieniemy would have been the favorite just because he's a former bengals player,then there's the resume part of it..I saw Eric lighting into his offense last night for making mistakes this guy looks the part if you ask me wish we would've hired him here...

Zac made a better sales pitch probably.
People get excited when Taylor talks. Problem is Taylor doesn't seem good turning that vision into reality.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 11:35 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: How in the world did zac Taylor get this coaching job over him in the first place???you would think that bieniemy would have been the favorite just because he's a former bengals player,then there's the resume part of it..I saw Eric lighting into his offense last night for making mistakes this guy looks the part if you ask me wish we would've hired him here...

You do know that Andy Reid runs that offense right? Hindsight is a beautiful thing.
Reply/Quote
I kind of hope Bieniemy said he was not interested in a head coaching gig at the time. I remember when we were doing our search he was my top pick.

If we picked Taylor over Bieniemy, that would be concerning.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 11:40 AM)sandwedge Wrote: You do know that Andy Reid runs that offense right? Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

All the more reason to hire Bieniemy. He’s learnt from one of the best. And he should get his fair share of credit for being the OC. It’s not like he’s a WR/QB coach...

Reply/Quote
Give me Eric Bieniemy as HC and John Dorsey as GM and this franchise will be in the playoffs their 1st year. Guarenteed.
Right now we have a GM who crippling this franchise with 1st RD misses and a head coach who couldnt scheme up a gameplan vs any JV high school in America.
Reply/Quote
Taylor's not going anywhere after this season. Bieniemy most assuredly is.

For better or worse, the boat's missed.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Andy Reid said himself that in most games they alternate play calling duties every few series and we know that's much more than zac Taylor has ever done prior to coming here...
Reply/Quote
The Chiefs had the #5 offense in the league the year before Bieniemy took over as their OC.

Not saying he is not a good coach, but he does not deserve any credit for making that offense great.  It was great before he took the OC job.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 11:49 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Taylor's not going anywhere after this season.

I don't know about that.

I think all the money the front office spent on free agents this year changes everything.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 11:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know about that.

I think all the money the front office spent on free agents this year changes everything.

I really, really think the guy's safe regardless.  Maybe if they finish two wins or less and the Browns curb-stomp us at home.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 11:49 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Taylor's not going anywhere after this season.  Bieniemy most assuredly is.

For better or worse, the boat's missed.

Yea, I think he gets another year unless he gets 2 wins or under (which I doubt he does). Getting JB reset his "clock" IMO. They did spend on defense, but they'll use COVID for why that wasn't buttoned up (for better or worse). They'll also most likely fire Jim and Lou and call that "progress". That's how I see it happening at least. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Maybe ZT got the job over Bienemy the same way Dave Shula got it over Bill Coward? Maybe I'm being too dour.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 11:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The Chiefs had the #5 offense in the league the year before Bieniemy took over as their OC.

Not saying he is not a good coach, but he does not deserve any credit for making that offense great.  It was great before he took the OC job.

To the first bold, you're forgetting that they were #5 with Alex Smith at QB and Matt Nagy as OC.

To the second bold, Bieniemy still is keeping guys in check and focused on their job; he absolutely gets credit for helping to KEEP the offense great.

The offense has been a well-oiled machine for basically Reid's entire tenure, outside of 2014 and 2016 (2016 had Brad Childress completely flop).

I don't doubt that Bienemy would be a great coach, but he is absolutely getting a lot of Reid's credit.

And yes, Bienemy was interviewed but he was not interested. And before you bash the team for screwing it up or whatever, Bienemy met with 2 or 3 teams last year as well, after the SB (Giants and Panthers are the ones I can find) and he wasn't hired at either spot either. That's a bit fishy, if you can't secure a job after 2 years -worth of interviews.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
There were some significant legal/criminal question marks in Beineimy's past that may have contributed to his lack of getting hired.
Reply/Quote
I think Zac Taylor prob interviewed VERY well and Bienemy simply did not. Kind of like the Zimmer thing...people said he was a bad interviewer.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 11:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Zac made a better sales pitch probably.
People get excited when Taylor talks. Problem is Taylor doesn't seem good turning that vision into reality.

The Brown family prob fell hard for the "WINNING CULTURE!" sales pitch. 

Problem is you have to win more than two games in two years to have a "winning" culture. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 11:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The Chiefs had the #5 offense in the league the year before Bieniemy took over as their OC.

Yeah...but he knows what makes it tick and he can bring scheme and play designs here. He may not have invented it, but he can most likely implementent parts of it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 02:23 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah...but he knows what makes it tick and he can bring scheme and play designs here. He may not have invented it, but he can most likely implementent parts of it. 

Completely agree..
Reply/Quote
Well it's like this. I was in the Bienemy camp, simply because he is an ex Bengal. I also realize if we had hired Eric, and he was not immediately successful, the same people criticizing Taylor would be saying "look at Taylor in LA, he's one of the new younger up and comers, comes from a winning organization and we didn't get him" Criticism is coming from the 20/20ers no matter what.
Reply/Quote