Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could be a huge game for the offense
The Jag D is allowing an 80% completion rate and have only 3 sacks so far, giving up 7 passing TD's and with just 2 picks.

They've allowed 64 points in the last 2 games, and 50% conversion rate on 3rd down for the season.

It seems like this would set up nicely for Joe and the receiving corps to put up some big numbers. 
Reply/Quote
Burrow is playing a lot like I expected from a QB who never took a snap against an opposing NFL defense until opening day.

Game 1....66.1 passer rating
Game 2....90.6
Game 3....105.5

Also Rep to you for starting a thread about our upcoming game instead of another piss and moan rant.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 03:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The Jag D is allowing an 80% completion rate and have only 3 sacks so far, giving up 7 passing TD's and with just 2 picks.

That is a shocking stat.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 03:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burrow is playing a lot like I expected from a QB who never took a snap against an opposing NFL defense until opening day.

Game 2....90.6
Game 3....105.5

Also Rep to you for starting a thread about our upcoming game instead of another piss and moan rant.

Agreed on Burrow. Steady progress and improvement from week to week. Incredibly impressed with what he's doing right now, given he's a rookie with no real training camp or preseason.

I would also love to see AJ go off in this game. I think he'll have some opportunities against that defense. 
Reply/Quote
And it’s not like they’ve faced Mahomes or Rodgers. It’s Grandpa Rivers, Run first Tannehill and Fitzmagic.

I would caution that other teams’ pass rush seems to have get right games against us and they do have Josh Allen and K'Lavon Chaisson that can both go off if given a chance. Luckily there’s not much push from the inside.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 03:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The Jag D is allowing an 80% completion rate and have only 3 sacks so far, giving up 7 passing TD's and have only 2 picks.

They've allowed 64 points in the last 2 games, and 50% conversion rate on 3rd down for the season.

It seems like this would set up nicely for Joe and the receiving corps to put up some big numbers. 

As I mentioned in the other thread, take away the ejection game (where he played only a quarter and a bit) and AJ has had a line of 5 catches, 86 yards and a TD, per Jax game.

We've played three games where there is at least 1 outstanding corner that is attached to AJ's hip all game; this game will be the first where there isn't such a player and their entire secondary is not their strongest point (LBs are).

Perfect storm for AJ to go off and by getting rid of Calais Campbell and Ngakoue, their pass rush is severely-hindered, with only Josh Allen as a threat. They also got rid of Timmy Jernigan, so he's either done or he doesn't fit their system (IE; they're looking for the right guys and are not set).

I only think the running game may be hindered yet again, as (as mentioned), the Jags have a good set of LBs
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 03:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That is a shocking stat.

(09-29-2020, 03:49 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: And it’s not like they’ve faced Mahomes or Rodgers. It’s Grandpa Rivers, Run first Tannehill and Fitzmagic.

Yeah, it's crazy:

Rivers 36/40 - 78%
Tannehill 18/24 - 75%
Fitzpatrick 18/20 - 90%
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 03:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I only think the running game may be hindered yet again, as (as mentioned), the Jags have a good set of LBs

All it takes to hinder our run game is a stiff breeze in their face.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 03:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burrow is playing a lot like I expected from a QB who never took a snap against an opposing NFL defense until opening day.

Game 2....90.6
Game 3....105.5

Burrow's rating should continue to climb Sunday with another game under his belt and going up against the Jags "D".
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 03:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The Jag D is allowing an 80% completion rate and have only 3 sacks so far, giving up 7 passing TD's and with just 2 picks.

Yeah, I watched that last game where Fitzy went off on them. Think Burrow could do the same.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 03:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That is a shocking stat.

I would think a QB going against no defense at all wouldn't have a much higher completion pct. than that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This game could be a big confidence boost to the OL, and they need it big time. Anything, to help the OL.
Reply/Quote

This is the first game this season where I feel the Bengals should win and are going in with a clear advantage. Of course that hasn't meant anything at all since Taylor arrived.

When I look at the schedule coming up, this week is the Bengals best chance for a win. After that there's Browns in week 7 and Washington all the way down the road in week 11.

Reply/Quote

Thread title is appropriate. "Could be a huge game for offense!" I'm starting every fantasy player that I have rostered in this game.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 04:53 PM)bengaloo Wrote: This game could be a big confidence boost to the OL, and they need it big time. Anything, to help the OL.

Problem is it may make the coaches think the OL is getting better, only to get Burrow decapitated by a strong Baltimore defense the following week.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 05:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Problem is it may make the coaches think the OL is getting better, only to get Burrow decapitated by a strong Baltimore defense the following week.

Man, I hate complacency, cause yeah, could be right...
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 06:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, I hate complacency, cause yeah, could be right...

The Dog is always right!

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Reply/Quote
The Jags waived Timmy Jernigan, and I was hoping we would pick him up. First and foremost, he is an upgrade to the back end of our defensive tackle rotation. Second, he could come in and immediately give us insight into their weaknesses. Alas, it doesn't look like that will be the case.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 03:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That is a shocking stat.

I thought it was going to be a typo or BS for a second. That is absolutely putrid. I would really like to see the offense have a big day.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 05:23 PM)BengalChris Wrote: This is the first game this season where I feel the Bengals should win and are going in with a clear advantage. Of course that hasn't meant anything at all since Taylor arrived.

When I look at the schedule coming up, this week is the Bengals best chance for a win. After that there's Browns in week 7 and Washington all the way down the road in week 11.

It could also serve as a much needed confidence boosting game for a unit trying to find itself.  That alone, could lead to them coming together enough to surprise a few teams on that hard stretch of games.  No need to always seek the worst possible outcome, especially when the reason they play all of the games on the schedule, is because any team can rise up and beat another on any given day.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote