Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Did AJ Green say "just trade me"?
(10-13-2020, 04:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It does look like he says "just trade me," but I'm not buying that he gave-up on the ball or the effort to tackle the guy.

If you watch the replay, it looks like he either ran the wrong route or the ball was thrown to the wrong spot and he's just standing on the curl route and doesn't even see the ball go over his head until it's already over his head.

As for tackling, sure he could have done more, but do we really want our star receiver going into a meaningless pile when he has been injured lately.

Also, look at it: he runs towards the endzone, which, to me, is him saying "I'm not going to risk injury in this midfield group of players, so I'll just run back and be safety in case he actually breaks it big," which I'd rather him do.  Why else would he even run at all if he were just giving up?  If you remember when TO was here and would give up on routes, he'd just stop his rout and start walking.

I'm glad that AJ didn't risk injury and I appreciate him running back just in case the guy broke one long and AJ had to be the safety.

Having said all that, AJ has been here a long time and has been through a lot, so hopefully he sticks around after this year and we actually improve the team in the offseason to give him a shot at a playoff win because, with a fully healthy offseason, I think he can still produce, especially with a guy like Higgins opposite of him and Mixon keeping defenses honest.

He definitely sees the ball coming. Slow it down and you can see him looking at it. He's not able to catch that ball, but the effort to tackle him after was pathetic. I watched it again in slo-mo and only thing I can muster for an excuse is he seen Higgins coming in from the left side of the camera. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did AJ Green say "just trade me"? - Hoofhearted - 10-13-2020, 05:08 PM
Did AJ Green say "just trade me"? - JSR18 - 10-16-2020, 04:12 PM