Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Did AJ Green say "just trade me"?
(10-15-2020, 05:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I don't buy the "new offense" stuff at all. I'm sorry, I just don't.

First of all, it's not a new offense. He's had over a year and a half to study up on it, even if he didn't play until this season.

He had OTA's and the Minicamp last season, prior to getting hurt in training camp. He actually returned to practice last season on October 10th. He had multiple practice throughout the season. Not to mention all the team meetings, position meetings, and film.

Meanwhile, Tee Higgins and Mike Thomas got no OTA's, no minicamp, no nothing. First year in system. No meetings last season, no film, and no practices prior to this summer.

Higgins is a rookie, who is not only new to the offense, he's new to the league. Thomas is new to the offense, and picked up off the scrap heap.

AJ Green is a 10 year vet, that, again, has had over 18 months to get a handle on this offense. Yet he clearly looks the worst of these 3.

Look, I'm not saying I expect to come into an actual live game, after 18 months of rust, in a new(er) offense, and completely light it up right off the bat, week 1. But this explanation doesn't actually do anything to explain what is truly ailing him.

He looks slow as shit, and at times he looks disinterested. That's what's really going on here. Zac Taylor's offense isn't causing this.

If Tee Higgins can produce like he as in this system, with him being a rookie, then there's no excuse for AJ Green to lean on that it's just going to take time to get used to it.

I mean, we're 5 games into the season. What are we talking about here? If this guy was physically capable, then you could throw him on a new team and he should be able to pick up enough in 2 weeks, to be able to go out and get the team 50 yards. But he's simply not that guy anymore.

He's beyond washed up. The offense, as much I personally dislike it at times, has nothing to do with it.

You’re not wrong about any of this. I’m just glad he’s changing his tune and hopefully going out with some class.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did AJ Green say "just trade me"? - Nicomo Cosca - 10-15-2020, 06:02 PM
Did AJ Green say "just trade me"? - JSR18 - 10-16-2020, 04:12 PM