Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Did AJ Green say "just trade me"?
(10-15-2020, 03:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ted Ginn has had multiple 700+ yard seasons.
While Ginn was never an elite WR1, putting up multiple 700+ yard seasons is on the WR2 tier.

If Ross can be that (he has put up 500+ yards last year in just 8 games), is that not worth playing on a team as a WR2/3?

People hold his draft slot too much against him IMO. It's irrelevant after his rookie contract, as it becomes strictly $$ focused.
And Ross has not done enough to be a $10+ mill receiver. I don't think he gets more than $5 mill a year. But whatever team signs him has a chance to get a good bang for their buck.

EDIT - Holy moly, I just now realized Ginn, like Ross, was the 9th overall pick. Spooky.

Yup. They are very much alike.

In the first I think 7 or 8 years Ginn had one good season going around 700 plus yards. I think it was year 2 with Miami, then Miami gave up and he went to San Fran and did nothing, then Carolina and struggled, then had a few good seasons with Carolina, and I want to say one decent one with New Orleans, then went back to just being not good.

Ross struggles with hands and consistency, the exact same issues that have always been there for Ted Ginn.

They were both the 9th pick, both are under 6 feet tall, and both are know for their speed and the "what they could do with that speed if they had the ball in the open field." Problem for both... the drops and getting the ball in the open field.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did AJ Green say "just trade me"? - Murdock2420 - 10-15-2020, 11:49 PM
Did AJ Green say "just trade me"? - JSR18 - 10-16-2020, 04:12 PM