Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this Daltons "Brady /Beldsoe" moment?
(10-12-2020, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Horrible call to go for it on fourth down last night.

The announcers kept saying that it was the correct call based on analytics, but there is no way in Hell that a team up by 8 has the exact same chance of winning a game as a team up by just 5.  If they had been attempting a 50+ yard FG that could have easily been missed and given Seattle the ball on the 40 I could see the logic.  But they were inside  the 10 and a FG makes it impossible to lose in overtime and not only forces the opponent to score a td but also get the 2 point conversion to force overtime.

Their math had to be off someway.

I agree. One thing that is overlooked is when they scored to make it 21-19 In the 3Q they went for 2 and didn’t get it. At the time I disagreed with that as well. I said at the time kick the xp to make it 21-20. There was still 3:44 left to play in the third quarter. Had they kicked that xp it would have been 27-21 later when the 4th and inches decision came up. At that point no doubt they kick the FG to go up 9. They win the game. As a coach I have alway tended to be conservative sometime to a fault. But I have seen that 1 point change things in a big way later many times as it did for the Vikings. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this Daltons "Brady /Beldsoe" moment? - hoosierbengal - 10-13-2020, 01:53 AM