Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross
So are we giving up on John Ross? I mean if we are going to give Mike Thomas more snaps than AJ Green at least let Ross get a few end around or jet sweeps. What a waste, trade him for late round picks if we are going to use the man. I know he has struggled but if he's going to remain on the roster, you at least need to attempt to coach him up and use him.
Reply/Quote
I really don't understand the coaching staff's love of Mike Thomas.

I suspect Taylor plays favorites with him, very similarly to how he played favorites with Jim Turner, Lou Aranumo, and Brian Callahan. The guy simply loves people he's had relationships with in the past.

Mike Thomas isn't very good. And after last weeks fumble I would have thought they would have reduced his role. But nope. Auden Tate gets deactivated (I'm sure he's happy), and John Ross gets activated but doesn't play a single snap (I'm sure he's happy too).

Over the last 4 games, Mike Thomas has 5 catches for 30 yards. (Read that again) On the season he has 78 yards total.

I rip on John Ross as much as anyone. But I'm sorry, he can at least take some snaps from this bum. I just don't get it. This guy isn't that good.
Reply/Quote
I’m not a fan of this coaching staff either but I hate when fans act like we’re bad because we’re benching good players. The reality is the roster isn’t good due to bad drafts coupled with bad coaching. John Ross blows, Marvin wanted nothing to do with him either. The game Ross played the most snaps was against the Chargers he dropped a TD, dropped a pass on the final drive and went offsides on the final drive. There’s no secret lineman on the bench that’s actually good we’ve tried them all , Price blows , Fred Johnson train wreck and Redmond isn’t good either. Fine they haven’t played Adeniji I’m sure he’s not good either. There’s no secret good lineman on the streets that we haven’t signed. Half the NFL has offensive line issues whatever free agent lineman that are unsigned are unsigned for a reason. Whatever Geno and Dunlap did to get benched I’m sure they deserved it , there high paid , underperforming and not part of the future.
Reply/Quote
hes in contract year and hasnt seen the field. He won't be re-signed. Hes cooked. Not even a point in playing him now.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Ross is a 9th overall pick who had 1 good game in 4 years and will end up netting us a comp pick and that's about it. Alas, there is a 99.9% chance going to be known as nothing more than the guy who went before Mahommes.

I will admit it was fun coming up with a list of coaches and players who were preventing him from being good until we gave up on that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I watched Thomas completely choke on a pass yesterday.he didnt even get the ball clamped. Hit fingertips.
Zac is very inconsistent in his reasoning for playing guys.
Thomas is worse than Ross.
ZT is so determined to show the world how smart he is
While his throne burns
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 01:09 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I watched Thomas completely choke on a pass yesterday.he didnt even get the ball clamped. Hit fingertips.
While his throne burns

Ehh, I'm not one to go easy on ZT, but playing Thomas over Ross probably has very little impact on things.  They should both be bottom of the barrel FA WR to be had for a song, though.
Reply/Quote
He’s got a pretty cool earring situation going on tho...

What’s really weird to me is Boyd calling Ross uncoverable in practice to start the year. What?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 01:09 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I watched Thomas completely choke on a pass yesterday.he didnt even get the ball clamped. Hit fingertips.
While his throne burns

So why did Marvin hate Ross ? Because he’s is a complete bust ? Or are Zac and Marvin both idiots ?
Reply/Quote
Thomas usually makes more difficult catches and drops easier targets, and I still like him better as a possession WR. But yes, he is underperforming like many are this year. I do not understand why all the drops this year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
John Ross, Mike Thomas..... whatever. Neither are or ever will be a semi big part of the offense.
Reply/Quote
Ross needs to actually play.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
John Ross got just 1 snap all game.
It's pretty clear now that he was active that this staff doesn't plan to try to use him again.

Try to trade him if you can so you can get SOMETHING, as he's almost assuredly gone after this year. Depending on new contract with another team and if the Bengals bring in fewer FAs than they lose, the Bengals MIGHT be able to get a comp pick.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 01:28 PM)lone bengal Wrote: So why did Marvin hate Ross ? Because he’s is a complete bust ? Or are Zac and Marvin both idiots ?

Marvin played Ross and Ross immediately humiliated himself and put the team behind the eight ball...maybe Marvin was protecting Ross from a shame spiral by keeping him off the field in year 1.  Well, that clearly didn't help his confidence, but what can ya do?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 11:57 AM)740Bengal Wrote: So are we giving up on John Ross?  I mean if we are going to give Mike Thomas more snaps than AJ Green at least let Ross get a few end around or jet sweeps.  What a waste, trade him for late round picks if we are going to use the man.  I know he has struggled but if he's going to remain on the roster, you at least need to attempt to coach him up and use him.

I would trade top Marvin Era picks Ross and Price for a bag of peanuts.  Ross can't catch, Price can't block.  Come to think of it, a half a bag of peanuts.  Doesn't have to be a whole bag. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 02:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Marvin played Ross and Ross immediately humiliated himself and put the team behind the eight ball...maybe Marvin was protecting Ross from a shame spiral by keeping him off the field in year 1.  Well, that clearly didn't help his confidence, but what can ya do?

I feel like Taylor isn’t a good coach and Ross is a bust. But some fans hate Taylor so much right now they wanna say Ross is good and should be playing to prove a point about how bad Taylor is. Both can suck lol dosen’t have to be one versus the other. We’ve seen 4 years of John Ross , we all know he can’t play.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 02:38 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I feel like Taylor isn’t a good coach and Ross is a bust. But some fans hate Taylor so much right now they wanna say Ross is good and should be playing to prove a point about how bad Taylor is. Both can suck lol dosen’t have to be one versus the other. We’ve seen 4 years of John Ross , we all know he can’t play.

Meh, I can see how Ross being "misused" could have been something people threw at Marvin or Lazor/Zampese or even Dalton...but at this point it's pretty clear Ross just isn't good.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 01:28 PM)lone bengal Wrote: So why did Marvin hate Ross ? Because he’s is a complete bust ? Or are Zac and Marvin both idiots ?

If Ross was a Chief I promise you Andy Reid would figure out a way to get production.out of him..
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 02:43 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If Ross was a Chief I promise you Andy Reid would figure out a way to get production.out of him..

It's possible, but I used to live in Chicago and Bears fans were SURE Kevin White was going to go to another team and live up to his high pick status.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 02:43 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If Ross was a Chief I promise you Andy Reid would figure out a way to get production.out of him..

Feel like he’s just another bad pick who can’t play football regardless of where he goes. It’s the same thing as saying another team could do something with Ogbuehi, Fisher, Price or whatever other draft bust you wanna name.
Reply/Quote