Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A PASSIONATE Dislike for ZT
I've seen a lot of characters come through this organization in the 30 something years I've been a fan. Bruce Coslet, Marvin, Dick LeBeau, Dave Shula, etc. Many of them have been extremely unlikeable.

ZT is on another level for me, though. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's his complete ineptitude. Maybe its his press conferences and how he assures us week after week that he's going to figure it out. Maybe it's the fact that he brought in a staff that rivals one of a peewee football team. Maybe it's the fact that I truly believe a handful of people on this board could probably coach better than him.

Whatever it is, the dislike I have for him is just on another level. Maybe its because his ineptitude is trickling down and effecting the careers of some of my favorite players (Dunlap, Atkins, Green, Burrow). I'm just sick of seeing this child in over his head on the sidelines. Week after week he's finding out a new way to lose. The dislike I have for this coaching staff is one I've never felt before.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Lets see throws established veterans under the bus, Doesnt play best personnel, wastes timeouts, Goes for moral victories to avoid shutouts, 3rd and 1 might as well be 3rd and 15, Doesn't use QB sneak nearly enough when you have perfect QB to run it, Shows no faith in young QB by kicking fieldgoals on 4th and 1, Dooesnt win road games, obviously not coaching on prevent defense. Anyone want to add be my guest
Reply/Quote
I hate his stupid face. I hate the words that come out of his stupid face even more.

(I'm with OP. This guy is building up something fierce inside me.)
Reply/Quote
Zac and Lou own yesterdays loss. Thats all I can say. There is no candy coating it. In other games you could at least look at the OL or DL or whatever, but yesterday ZT lost the game with his own stupid decisions, imo.
Reply/Quote
I don't hate the guy because he and his staff are in so far over their heads and they are working for an owner/GM with a history of being lazy and difficult. The big issue with ZT is that he is just another symptom of the MB method and he's yet another reason why the experts who were warning that Burrow might want to not go to Cincy weren't just looking for clicks.

BUt again, ZT is just in over his head...can't hate the guy because he's just not qualified for the job he's been given. Crapola rolls downhill, so meh. Whatcanyado?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 12:50 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I hate his stupid face.  I hate the words that come out of his stupid face even more.

(I'm with OP.  This guy is building up something fierce inside me.)

Yeah but what can he say?  Imagine if someone told you to explain why the Bengals are losing but if you mention MB you'll lose your job. Pretend you are ZT and explain why the Bengals have stunk since you got there without mentioning Mike Brown, your own ineptitude (or any of the unqualified friends you were stuck hiring since you have no clout), or throwing any players under the bus...all you're left with is bs and empty words.

Hell, I'd go so far as to say that ZT and his pals are in so far over their heads the ZT-era Bengals are the closest real life can get to one of those movies where the guy no one wanted or is in way over his head coaches a big league team...cept in real life you don't have any magical "winning" montage to kick off the 3rd act, or do we?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 12:51 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Zac and Lou own yesterdays loss. Thats all I can say. There is no candy coating it. In other games you could at least look at the OL or DL or whatever, but yesterday ZT lost the game with his own stupid decisions, imo.

I disagree D has played well enough to be 5 -1. Taylor is the reason for our record, He is worse at calling plays than Zampeze
Reply/Quote
I understand that coaches don't want to admit that they're struggling, and I understand that they don't want to throw people under the bus, but Zac Taylor needs to realize how horrible the optics are when he's sitting at a career record of 3-18-1 and he keeps touting phrases like "building a winning culture" and "trending in the right direction" and "creating a locker room that can withstand adversity." At some point you have to prove these things with actual wins. The words are meaningless otherwise. And week after week, loss after loss, these words ring more and more hollow. He says he's building a winning culture. I don't believe him.

We are not winning with this head coach. We are not competing in the AFCN with this head coach. Give him 5 years. Give him 10. It won't matter. I am 100% convinced that this guy does not have it in him. I can only hope and pray that the organization does not waste Burrow's rookie contract on this guy. They have a generational talent at QB with a head coach that frankly doesn't deserve it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I hate ZT cause he fails to take any accountability for the losses.
Heck Ive heard HCs say " I need to coach better" AFTER A WIN.
YET THIS GUY THINKS HES THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO THIS
FRANCHISE. ANYOTHER FRANCHISE WOULD HAVE CANNED HIM BY NOW!!
Reply/Quote
We’ve passed lunchtime. In any other organization we already would have seen the headlines of Zac’s firing.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 12:56 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I disagree D has played well enough to be 5 -1. Taylor is the reason for our record, He is worse at calling plays than Zampeze

The D has played well, until they went into prevent yesterday. That was not on the players at all. That was all stupid coaching.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 12:50 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I hate his stupid face. I hate the words that come out of his stupid face even more.

(I'm with OP. This guy is building up something fierce inside me.)

Coaching aside, that’s enough right there. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 01:40 PM)cj1895 Wrote: We’ve passed lunchtime. In any other organization we already would have seen the headlines of Zac’s firing.

Like I said, one game in and we can declare that Burrow has IT so why not declare that ZT doesn't have IT after 20+ games.  Thems the breaks...if we have a QB everyone would love to coach let's make use of it.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 12:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah but what can he say?  Imagine if someone told you to explain why the Bengals are losing but if you mention MB you'll lose your job.  Pretend you are ZT and explain why the Bengals have stunk since you got there without mentioning Mike Brown, your own ineptitude (or any of the unqualified friends you were stuck hiring since you have no clout), or throwing any players under the bus...all you're left with is bs and empty words.

Let me say this, I'm guilty of using the word "hate" way too liberally.  I know I shouldn't use it so much, it's a problem. 

I don't actually hate Zac Taylor.  I'm sure he's a decent guy, and like you said, it's not his fault he was hired for a job he's not qualified for. That said, he really does give some absolutely abysmal press conferences. 

I'm not exactly expecting a performance like JFK or FDR got up there, and give a rousing, inspiring speach.  Even by coach-speak standards he falls so far short.

Just a quick example:  Yesterday a reporter asked "after giving up 31 points in the final 3 quarters, and allowing 370 passing yards, how did you feel about the defense?"  His response was "I feel good..."

There's a lot of ways to answer these questions better, without throwing guys under the bus.  Just answer "Obviously we didn't do enough on that side to win the game.  We need to get better at holding on to leads and preventing scores before the half."

And he does this crap all the time.  There's no emotion, no disappointment, and seeminly no accountability.  No one wants to hear about you "trending in the right direction" after 3-18-1.  He should know this.

He just sounds like such a dolt.  I almost feel sorry for him.  He has to know how stupid he sounds.
Reply/Quote
I am too mature to let a coaches incompetence become a personal issue.

He may suck as a coach, but I don't have any opinion on him personally.

If anyone here was competent to coach at the NFL level I am sure they would be doing it. What I generally see is a bunch of fans who are brilliant when given the gift of hindsight. They brag about what great decisions they would have made in the draft, but never mention all the bust that they also wanted. They talk about what trades they would have made even though they have no idea if another team was willing to take the deal. they talk about what great players they would have signed in free agency without knowing if the player was even interested in coming here. And, again, they never mention all the guys they wanted to sign who ended up being busts. They always know what play would have worked when one Zac calls fails, but for some reason I have NEVER seen a single one of them complain about a play that worked and brag about what they would have done instead. They complain about giving contracts to older players but they also complain when we DON'T give contracts to older players that they wanted to keep.
They always want to bench the starters because the players on the bench are better, but when the guys that were on the bench suck they complain about them also.

The fact is that it is very hard to win in the NFL. Every year about half of the teams have a losing record. There are a LOT more coaches and GMs that get a chance and fail than succeed. Since coaching jobs in the NFL depend on winning I am pretty sure all the head coaches try as hard as they can to win and play the guys they think will help them win. Just because they make wrong decisions does not mean they are bad people that I should hate on a personal level. I think it is childish to do that.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 12:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hell, I'd go so far as to say that ZT and his pals are in so far over their heads the ZT-era Bengals are the closest real life can get to one of those movies where the guy no one wanted or is in way over his head coaches a big league team...cept in real life you don't have any magical "winning" montage to kick off the 3rd act, or do we?

This dude immediately popped in my head:

[Image: rick-moranis-little-giants-1994-BPEYJT.jpg]

Zac just needs to find his Ice Box.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 12:49 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Lets see throws established veterans under the bus, Doesnt play best personnel, wastes timeouts, Goes for moral victories to avoid shutouts, 3rd and 1 might as well be 3rd and 15, Doesn't use QB sneak nearly enough when you have perfect QB to run it, Shows no faith in young QB by kicking fieldgoals on 4th and 1, Dooesnt win road games, obviously not coaching on prevent defense. Anyone want to add be my guest

1) Which best personnel is he not playing?

2) You do realize everytime you run a QB sneak, you risk losing your QB for the season over something stupid like a broken finger or thumb, right? Are you a big fan of Finley??????

3) He's acutally gone for it on 4th down quite a bit.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 12:37 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I've seen a lot of characters come through this organization in the 30 something years I've been a fan. Bruce Coslet, Marvin, Dick LeBeau, Dave Shula, etc. Many of them have been extremely unlikeable.

ZT is on another level for me, though. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's his complete ineptitude. Maybe its his press conferences and how he assures us week after week that he's going to figure it out. Maybe it's the fact that he brought in a staff that rivals one of a peewee football team. Maybe it's the fact that I truly believe a handful of people on this board could probably coach better than him.

Whatever it is, the dislike I have for him is just on another level. Maybe its because his ineptitude is trickling down and effecting the careers of some of my favorite players (Dunlap, Atkins, Green, Burrow). I'm just sick of seeing this child in over his head on the sidelines. Week after week he's finding out a new way to lose. The dislike I have for this coaching staff is one I've never felt before.

It’s unearned confidence.

He tells us every week, don’t worry I have a plan, we’re building a winning culture, blah blah blah. Problem is, there is nothing in his history before the Bengals or during his time here that suggests he has any ability to do any of the things required to rebuild and run an NFL team.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 01:53 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He just sounds like such a dolt.  I almost feel sorry for him.  He has to know how stupid he sounds.

What difference would it make if he said "We suck and it is hopeless."?  Would that make you feel better about the team?

If the team is losing I am sad.  If they are winning I ma happy.  What the coach says in an interview doesn't mean anything to me.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 01:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am too mature to let a coaches incompetence become a personal issue.

He may suck as a coach, but I don't have any opinion on him personally.

If anyone here was competent to coach at the NFL level I am sure they would be doing it.  What I generally see is a bunch of fans who are brilliant when given the gift of hindsight.  They brag about what great decisions they would have made in the draft, but never mention all the bust that they also wanted.  They talk about what trades they would have made even though they have no idea if another team was willing to take the deal.  they talk about what great players they would have signed in free agency without knowing if the player was even interested in coming here.  And, again, they never mention all the guys they wanted to sign who ended up being busts.  They always know what play would have worked when one Zac calls fails, but for some reason I have NEVER seen a single one of them complain about a play that worked and brag about what they would have done instead.  They complain about giving contracts to older players but they also complain when we DON'T give contracts to older players that they wanted to keep.
They always want to bench the starters because the players on the bench are better, but when the guys that were on the bench suck they complain about them also.

I'll admit ZT is a better NFL HC than I would be.  With that being said, with this logic a man would have to sell a billion records before he can scoff at Justin Bieber, so ehh.

ZT isn't competing with us, he's competing with the rest of the NFL's head coaches and he's not hanging with them.
Reply/Quote