Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals bring back Margus Hunt and waive Andrew Brown
Per Bengals Twitter. That'll really fix everything ! (Sarcasm)
Reply/Quote
I thought Brown showed some promise when Marvin was here, I wonder what happened?

I am okay with Hunt, not great but something.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
... not happy with this.

If it was a definitive step in the right direction, I'd be all for it. But it's a lateral move, Brown is younger, hungrier and has a significantly-higher motor than Hunt.

Oh well, let's hope this plays out positively.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Wow, I just don’t get it...

A guy who’s best football is behind him vs our second best interior rusher on a team that desperately needs interior rushers.
Reply/Quote
Hunt plays well and Tobin redeems himself! You thought Dunlap was mad now imagine how mad he’ll be with Hunt and Amari Bledsoe playing over him.
Reply/Quote
I was not against bring Hunt back to replace someone we lost to injury.  He is not very good, but there are not any good players without jobs right now.

But I don't see the point in cutting a younger player to bring him in.  Maybe it is because we are going to more 3-4 and Hunt is a better fit as a 3-4 DE.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know what the hell happened to Andrew Brown? Was he injured?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Marcus Hunt got every opportunity while he was here to be good and did nothing . However Brown was hardly ever given an opportunity and gets cut for it. This team is so frustrating.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 05:21 PM)J24 Wrote: Marcus Hunt got every opportunity while he was here to be good and did nothing . However Brown was hardly ever given an opportunity and gets cut for it. This team is so frustrating.

Brown played more snaps on defense last year (242) than Hunt did in any of his first three seasons with the Bengals (164 in 2013, 186 in 2014, and 57 in 2015)

In 2016 Hunt played 322 snaps and his production (29 tkls, 6 TFL, 7 QB hits) was much better than what Brown has done in 285 career snaps (16 tkls, 1 TFL, 3 QB hits)

But Hunt is 33 while Brown is just 25 and only in his second season.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 05:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was not against bring Hunt back to replace someone we lost to injury.  He is not very good, but there are not any good players without jobs right now.

But I don't see the point in cutting a younger player to bring him in.  Maybe it is because we are going to more 3-4 and Hunt is a better fit as a 3-4 DE.

Totally agree here and would add if you want to bring Hunt back, why are we not cutting the 2nd placekicker that is inactive every week?

Was just saying that yesterday when I saw Seibert inactive and wondered why, when you could use a body on DL or even OL, do we carry an extra average kicker.

Totally baffling to me. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 05:38 PM)Skink4Prez Wrote: Totally agree here and world add if you want to bring Hunt back, why are we not cutting the 2nd placekicker that is inactive every week. 

Was just sitting that yesterday when I saw Seibert inactive yesterday and wondered why when you could use a body on DL or even OL, we carry an extra average kicker.

Totally baffling to me. 

Carrying Seibert tells me the coaches are not sold on Randy B.  I don't understand why they would give up on Brown unless his attitude is off and he is not showing "team" oriented approach.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Is there room on the Practice Squad for Brown?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Brown wasn't really doing much so if they think Hunt will improve the rotation that will be fine. I remember him having a few decent years in Indy so maybe he brings some of that productivity with him.

I bet Brown makes it to the practice squad, that is if the bengals even want him there. It's be surprised if another team would dedicate a roster spot to him considering how little production he's had. We'll see.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 05:40 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Carrying Seibert tells me the coaches are not sold on Randy B.  I don't understand why they would give up on Brown unless his attitude is off and he is not showing "team" oriented approach.  

Who on earth would be sold on Randy B.?  he chokes on kicks that matter....which seems like everytime there is one and makes the non stress kicks.  
The #1 trait for a kicker is to be clutch and make those type of kicks....he doesn't have it in him and fakes injury to save face. 
Reply/Quote
I just dont get it. Brown is no Aaron Donald but we are scraping the bittim.of the barrel for dlinemen with injures. Why carry a second kicker and cut a linemen. This makes zero sense as most that this group of McDonald's workers are doing. Hell not even sure they are smarter than McDonald's workers. They would put the def worker on the drive threw head set and the blind worker filling orders.
Reply/Quote
Bye Tobin
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 05:49 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Who on earth would be sold on Randy B.?  he chokes on kicks that matter....which seems like everytime there is one and makes the non stress kicks.  
The #1 trait for a kicker is to be clutch and make those type of kicks....he doesn't have it in him and fakes injury to save face. 

Randy is ranked 5th in NFL for points, but all time accuracy rated 23rd (behind Josh Brown) at 83.9%.   
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
For a team that needs more Dlinemen they choose to cut one
Reply/Quote
You have to try to lose and be this incompetent, and here is another profound example of the Bungles (And the other pro team in the city) being predictable, lazy losers. At least they are consistent!
Reply/Quote
This move has me shaking my head. Losing faith in this bunch.
Reply/Quote