Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Bengals need to part ways with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins now'
(10-20-2020, 05:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is real easy to make great decisions when you know how everything is going to play out..

Well, apparently I did know how it was going to play out.

I said not moving on from Green, Atkins and Dunlap was a mistake, and that we need to stock-pile picks and cap space. 

Here's one example I just pulled that was written last October, and the person I was replying to was you, having the same exact debate as we are now.  This isn't hindsight, it's me calling it in advance.

(10-27-2019, 07:55 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You're (intentionally?) leaving out cap savings. It's not just a pick for a player, it's a pick + cap room for a player.

You make it sound as if it's as simple as we need fill Geno Atkins spot with only a 3rd round pick in return, when in reality we also be saving a ton of money.

I'll make it sample, pick one...

Would you rather have a.) Geno Atkins or b.) a 3rd round pick and 14 mil to spend elsewhere?

Would rather have a.) Carlos Dunlap or b.) a 4th round pick and 11 mil to spend elsewhere

If the Bengals were to move a bunch of these guys they could stockpile a handful of picks and have 40 mil plus extra to spend in free agency.  That buys a lot of quality starters. You can immediately fill glaring weaknesses (LBers) and it gives you a lot of flexibility in your rebuild.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Bengals need to part ways with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins now' - Wes Mantooth - 10-20-2020, 06:21 PM