Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Bengals need to part ways with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins now'
(10-20-2020, 06:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, if you can get something for either, I think you have to do it at this point.

I think they wanted too long.  I can't see any team wanting to take on these salaries, much less actually giving up something to do it.

The only chance of them being moved is if they completely blow up in the next two weeks, and have huge performaces.  And even then, I think we would have to eat some of the salary.

The obvious problem with that is it's extremely unlikely.  Gonna be hard to post a monster game when you're only playing 3rd downs, and you currently look like a shell of your former self.

They really missed their window at the last trade deadline.  In a lost year, that resulted in the worst record in the league, that was the time to move on.  Both still had some value to a contender, and we were in obvious need of a roster overhaul. 

But, of course, we aren't in the business of making other teams better, and we're so opposed to moving anyone that the family scheduled a ski trip the week of one of the most important weeks of the season. Sucks to be us, I guess.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Bengals need to part ways with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins now' - Wes Mantooth - 10-20-2020, 06:29 PM