Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Bengals need to part ways with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins now'
(10-20-2020, 05:52 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Because he’s been injured and not played well. Why would they NOT play him if he helped them win?
Because the coaching doesn't know what they are doing.
(10-20-2020, 05:52 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Atkins was in on 11 3rd downs this week. He was a complete nonfactor in those situations. 

As for Carlos, he's had no substantial impact outside the Eagles game except for an occasional here or there.

This doesn't even require opinions, it's just the reality of where these guys are at the moment.
1.) Half of those attempts were were with three man rushes and it was going against the best pass blocking line in the league. You're really going to give Geno(a future first ballot HoF) a chance to prove himself.
2.) He had a 70 pff rating in the Jaguars game and a sack in the Raven game. So he has had a pretty good impact on this team since the Eagle game. 
(10-20-2020, 07:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure, he's only played 36 snaps, but what has he done in those opportunities?  I tried to pay attention to him, when he was in on Sunday.  Seemed like every time I saw him, he was getting stood up at the line.  No drive, no moves, no trademark Geno swim moves, just plain stalemated by the Guard alone.  For a DT making $14M+, that is pathetic.  No stats whatsoever, not even an assist on a tackle..

Those numbers might be leading the Bengals right now, but from a "star" player like Carlos Dunlap, that is very pedestrian for about 1/3 of a season.  He's still a very talented player, he still makes the plays that come to him;  But there is no denying that he's definitely lost a step, and his overall fire burns a few degrees cooler than it did even as recent as last season.  I expect more from a DE making $11M+
Then why was Geno the 5th rated player for the Bengals on Sunday PFF? 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Bengals need to part ways with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins now' - J24 - 10-20-2020, 08:35 PM