Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Bengals need to part ways with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins now'
(10-21-2020, 03:07 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: My problem with that is the same problem I had with trying to trade AJ Green before last week. You need them to put SOMETHING on tape in order to get an offer for them.

If you wanted to build around a new young core, last offseason should have been when you traded Atkins. Nobody is going to trade for a guy who is currently injured and only played a couple dozen snaps this year. 

AJ Green went and showed last week that he could still go out there and put up (almost) 100 yards. He is now possibly tradeable.

Fact is unless Atkins blows up the opposing OL next game (which is unlikely if he is going to continue to spend more time running on and off the field than actually being on it) then you're simply not going to find anyone who wants to trade for him. Let him rest, kick some ass in the second half of the season, and then if you still want to get rid of him... trade him in the offseason. When he's not at the lowest trade value in his career.

Problem with the bold is I don’t think that is going to happen. He was not much of a factor for long stretches of games last season either. So I don’t think it’s just a matter of not being fully healthy.

With AJ you can at least point to all the time off and conclude there was probably some rust. But Geno’s numbers (as Holic provided) were pretty mediocre even going back to last year. I’m not sure his stock is going to get any higher. But if they want to wait until the offseason it’s not the end of the world. I do think offers might be better when teams are gearing up for a playoff run though. Just can’t have him being the 2nd highest paid on the team going forward.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Bengals need to part ways with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins now' - Nicomo Cosca - 10-21-2020, 03:28 AM