Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Bengals need to part ways with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins now'
(10-21-2020, 03:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Problem with the bold is I don’t think that is going to happen. He was not much of a factor for long stretches of games last season either. So I don’t think it’s just a matter of not being fully healthy.

With AJ you can at least point to all the time off and conclude there was probably some rust. But Geno’s numbers (as Holic provided) were pretty mediocre even going back to last year. I’m not sure his stock is going to get any higher. But if they want to wait until the offseason it’s not the end of the world. I do think offers might be better when teams are gearing up for a playoff run though. Just can’t have him being the 2nd highest paid on the team going forward.

Even if it's true that Atkins is just going to be mediocre from now on, mediocre and healthy is still a much higher value than mediocre and injured. Just don't think you're going to be able to trade a hurt player.

Isn't gearing up before the deadline for the playoffs more an MLB thing? It feels like the vast majority of the NFL deadline is just talk about what people could/should/might do with very little happening.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/10/30/trade-deadline-takeaways
Quote:Several big-name players were rumored to be dealt before Tuesday's trade deadline, but there was very little movement once it was all said and done.
Even after they moved the deadline back 2 weeks a few years ago.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Bengals need to part ways with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins now' - TheLeonardLeap - 10-21-2020, 04:07 AM