Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Bengals need to part ways with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins now'
(10-21-2020, 05:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The front office obviously had plenty of time to discuss what they were going to address the teams problems in the offseason.  they saw the empty stadium and they knew they had to take drastic steps instead of taking 3 to 4 years to build through the draft.

Is it easy to say they should have traded Geno and Dunlap NOW when we see how they are playing this year?  Sure.  Anyone can be right when they have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, but the fact is that Geno went to the Pro Bowl last year, and Dunlap played great over the second half of the season.  Plus we had no one on the roster to take their places.

The fact is that you were enthusiastic about hiring Taylor while I was more apprehensive.  So it would be easy for me to say you were clueless because of how badly he has turned out.  But I don't use hindsight to act like I know everything.  And last year at this time I am pretty sure the front office had already decided that they did not have 3 to 4 years to rebuild based on the crowds they were drawing.  So there was no reason to trade Geno and Dunlap. Instead they were planning spending a bunch on free agents in order to help turn the team around quickly.

Dunlap was playing like poo this time last year too... Just like you've pointed out. Then he went off. For years I've been hearing Gio isn't the same after the hit. Turns out he hasn't been utilized right... I don't trust this staff's ability or judgement. So we cut Geno and Carlos because they forgot how to play football. That leaves us needing a DE, DT, and at least 4 O Linemen, maybe a WR... Burrow's rookie contract is basically wasted by the time we sort that all out.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Bengals need to part ways with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins now' - jason - 10-21-2020, 08:56 PM