Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Bengals need to part ways with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins now'
(10-20-2020, 04:15 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He's right....He is on Mo's show right now and he had a good example:

Which worked better last year:

Parting ways with Preston Brown or sticking with a malcontent in Cordy Glenn? It isn't even close. Time to move on. Thanks for the memories. There were as many good memories as bad ones, and they were a big part in those good memories.

Whilst I'm in favor of trading anyone who isn't in the plans for the following season, I'm not sure Cordy Glenn is quite the slam dunk example Paul Downer Jr thinks it is. When he eventually returned to the starting line-up Glenn was an upgrade (not that that is saying much), the Bengals picked up their first win of the year almost immediately and the O-line was generally considered to have played better in the second half with Glenn than the first half without him. I'm not sure cutting him would have saved any money either as aren't veteran's contracts guaranteed if they are on the roster week 1? If anything it would have cost extra as we would have had to find someone else to replace his spot on the roster.

(10-20-2020, 04:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I never saw this much player dissension in all of Marvin Lewis years combined

What veterans were benched under Marv?

(10-20-2020, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lawson is the only player on the team with more sacks and QB hits than Dunlap.

How you going to blame the lack of pass rush on him.

How does that compare to pass rush opportunities?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Bengals need to part ways with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins now' - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 10-22-2020, 10:12 AM