Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Bengals need to part ways with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins now'
(10-22-2020, 11:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If they were just evaluating Finley then they should have let him start the rest of the season.  Four games is nothing for a rookie QB.  He was barely getting his feet wet.

Instead they had watched Finley in practice all year and thought he might give them a better chance of winning than Dalton.  If they did not care about having the best chance of winning games they would have never returned to Dalton.

I honestly think that move has a lot to do with why so many players are questioning Zac's talent evaluation skills this year.

I think they saw all they needed to see. (He had no shot of taking over the job for 2020)

Again, I don't think they played him because they thought he gave them a better shot at winning.  They played him because winning games was secondary to evaluation at that point.

As far as Dalton being put back in, I think we all know the evalation was over (he failed).  Giving him more games wasn't going to change what was already apparent. (We definitely needed a new QB)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Bengals need to part ways with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins now' - Wes Mantooth - 10-22-2020, 12:10 PM