Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Bengals need to part ways with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins now'
(10-22-2020, 11:51 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Even I can't fault him for this.

The season was over.  They were 0-8.  And they just had invested a 4th round pick in Finley.  In fact that traded up to get him.  Everyone knew at that point it was going to be Andy's last season.  So they needed to see what they had in Finley before going into the offseason. 

We're pretty much guaranteed a top 10 pick at that point.  It makes perfect sense to see if you're most recent QB drafted had anything to build off of, before investing in another QB.

I think the people that look at that move, like Taylor thought Finley immediately gave them a better chance to win than Dalton, are looking at it the wrong way.  That wasn't his motivation.  His motivation was having nothing to lose, and wanting to see the kid play.

Now... if you want to have a talk about why they ever drafted him that high to begin with, I'm all ears.  Because he looked like hot garbage, and someone who either should have been a UDFA or out of the league all together.

Exactly the way I feel, cannot fault Taylor at all on that move. Had to see what his pick could do and it was bad, real bad.

So was the pick as we all see, but we shouldn't fault Taylor for benching Dalton in a winless season to see what the backup had.

After a game or two though, I wanted to see Dolegala and it never happened.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Bengals need to part ways with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins now' - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-22-2020, 06:35 PM