Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scoring, or more accurately lack there of
(10-21-2020, 04:46 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Lou’s so good Zac Turner took away his 3rd down play calling ability and handed them to the LB coach. The only thing the defense is better out statistically this year versus last, is points allowed, passing yards allowed and rushing touchdowns allowed. All other categories are pretty much identical. Total yards, rushing yards, passing TDs all rank within 1 or 2 spots the same as last year.

Same goes for offense, the only improved categories statistically are points scored and rushing touchdowns. Total yards, passing yards, rushing yards, passing TDs all within 1 or 2 spots of the same ranking as last year.

To be fair, what is different between this year's defense and last years?  They have "uninterested Dunlap" this year vs. Pro-Bowl (the last eight weeks) Dunlap last year.  Invisible Geno this year vs. descending Geno last year.  They added Reader, but lost him week 5.  They never got Waynes.  Mckenzie Alexander has been injured.  Josh Bynes has been better than what we had last year and a promising corps of rookie LBs.

I was hoping they could steal (as opposed to piss away) four wins in the first half of the season because I thought the defense would really come on the last half of the season.  I am not so sure now.  They will probably just go young and evaluate.  The offense has been disappointing largely because Green was not at all what we hoped for, Ross has been a disappointment in minimal action and got benched, and the rushing attack hardly picked up where they left off last year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scoring, or more accurately lack there of - SHRacerX - 10-21-2020, 09:26 PM